Jun 7, 2016

Grandmothers Vase...

 We have had a string
of unseasonably hot days....
 

 
the means simplicity rules...
 

 
 
the mantle in the front parlor
is a perfect example of this...
 
bare but for a small bouquet of roses,
in a special vase..
 
when what you have is meaningful,
you need little,
to make your self happy...
 

 
the vase sits on a large vintage mirror...
 
the reflection is spotty and hazy...
 
I can get lost in its reflections,
like stepping into a dream word...
 
visions in a crystal ball...
 



 
this vase,
(which is actually a perfume bottle,  repurposed)
is the special part...
 
my Mother recently gifted it to me,
it had belonged to her mother...
 
a treasure...

 
 
I am curious if anyone
out there knows,
what this glassware is called...
 
it is hobnail...
and like milk glass,
  but with this fabulous transparency...
 
I am smitten.
 
Thanks So Much for Your Visit....

13 comments:

Annie said...

Bella, your vase is lovely and so suited to the roses it holds. I believe it is simply called 'clear and white hobnail'. If it has an opalescence, then that word is included, or possibly 'moonstone'. In any case, it is perfectly beautiful and even more precious because it belonged to your grandmother.

Michele @ The Nest at Finch Rest said...

Ah Annie knows, yep was just about to say that.

And it is lovely and very special.

Your pink peonies are gorgeous too!

Rose L said...

I have always known it as Fenton hobnail. It can also come in pink, blue, and other colors.

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

My thoughts was hobnail too and it is really pretty. What a lovely piece to have passed down to you. The way you have it displayed is beautiful.

FlowerLady

Janneke said...

I don't know this kind of glass, what I know is that it's a fabulous gift of your mother, once a perfume bottle now a little vase for a tussy mussy of roses.

Beatrice Euphemie said...

It's a lovely little treasure and so special because it belonged to your Grandmother. She would be so happy to see it loved and displayed so beautifully! xx K

Alessandra said...

Your vase is very beautiful and rich of sweet memories beacuse it belonged to your grandmother.Your roses are gorgeous as usual
Hugs
Alessamdra

Deborah Montgomery said...

Beautiful . . . your posts are always so full of loveliness . . . I love to visit here.

Merlesworld said...

Very sweet little vase.
Merle.......

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

Beautiful post made more special because of your Grandmother's piece.

janice15 said...

Very sweet and always nice to have a item from your mom. Well you got your answer for what it is the vase. I have some milk white pieces and I love it. Lovely photos as always thank you for sharing. Happy weekend with love Janice

Carrie B. said...

It's so beautiful Bella - but I love that it has meaning most of all. They truly are the best treasures. ;) Blessings. xoxo

Rowan said...

How lovely to have somwthing that belonged to your grandmother and I love the idea of placing it on a mirror so that you see the reflection as well. I'm glad that someone was able to tell you what the type of glass is called.