Jul 20, 2016

Cake and Roses on the Porch...

Summer has hit a stall here
in the Pacific Northwest...
 
not that I am complaining,
its very nice.
 
warm enough for lazy afternoons on the porch,
but still cool enough to bake a cake...
 

so I did just that....
 


 
I made a little nest on my back porch...
 


 
with a view...
 

 

a think sprinkles
are the carefree way
to fancy...
 


ruffled roses
on
ruffled Shabby Chic napkins...
 



the center rose is
Mortimer Sackler
the front is
Skylark...
 
both lovely roses bred by David Austin...
 


 
I have had this pillow for two years,
I always forget to bring it out in the summer...
 
it was from H&M 
did you know they have a home goods catalog?
 
I have bought several lovely things there...
 



 
a slice for you....
 
Thanks for stopping by...

6 comments:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Beautiful! Romantic! Peaceful!

Deborah Montgomery said...

Very pretty cake; love the pink sprinkle thingies! It looks lovely with your beautiful roses and vintage china.

Beatrice Euphemie said...

A little slice of Heaven, Bella! So very charming <3 Your lovely porch looks like the perfect place to spend a summer afternoon, especially with the pretty cake! <3 xx K

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

What a pretty cake! And such a pretty way to dress up your roses. You really have the touch. This is the way I really live in my head! Haha! Never quite makes it to reality. But a pretty cake is never far outside my dreams.Beautiful! Hugs

Sherri said...

What beautiful photos!! Your cake looks yummy! I love you little piece of heaven!!

Linda Walker said...

How very pretty! The cake looks delicious but the presentation is exquisite! Beautiful peonies!
Linda
mysewwhatblog