Jul 28, 2016

July in the Garden...

July started cool here in the Pacific Northwest...
 

but,
here in this the last week
it has really heated up...
 

 
its time
for lazy afternoons,
dipping your toes in the cool water...


 
sometimes a little dew is
left on the petals of a rose
when I lazily stroll the garden...
 

 (the faithful bonica rose)
 
but more often than not,
the roses and I are feeling a little droopy
from the heat...
 

the Tall Garden Phlox,
pick up where the where tender perennials leave off...
 
putting on a colorful show...
 
the Blushing Lucy
wild child rose
still needs to be pruned back
as you can see
 from her crazy six foot canes dangling down...
 
I have fallen behind this year...
 
being newly single,
sometimes a fun afternoon away
calls louder than the pruning sheers...
 



the Anenome
have also begun their cheerful and carefree show...
 

 
 heat weary Eden Roses,
in the late Summer
they always start to look like Camellias to me...
 

 
sweet
Fairy Roses...
 

 
Mallow,
growing at the foot of the gazebo...
 
 
it always seems completely wrong to me,
that the tender Hydrangea Bloom
in the hottest part of Summer...
 

 
lovely Annabelle Hydrangea...
 


 
this photo of my fountain lady
is completely over exposed...
 
but,
it feels cool,
like a watercolor...
 
and the glowing orb
centered on her head is magical...
 
I hope you are staying cool my friends...
 
here comes August...
I have already caught myself wondering
where the Summer has gone...
 
time moves so quickly...
 
 
 
Thanks for strolling with me today...

11 comments:

The Charm of Home said...

So pretty Bella.

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Beautiful as always. Thank you for the lovely stroll through your gardens, which are peaceful and refreshing.

I've been widowed for 3 1/2 years and it is hard to get into the mood to do things, much less do some of them by myself. I am much better than I was at the beginning. Life is a gift and I am thankful for the beauty, love, grace and joy in each day that I am blessed with.

I have much to do in my gardens, right now I'm doing the bare minimum because of the heat and humidity.

Love and hugs ~ FlowerLady

Betty from My Irish Cottage Home said...

Your garden looks so lovely. I would like to add more flowers to ours, but we plan on moving in a few years, so I just add a few bushes for now.

Michele @ The Nest at Finch Rest said...

Oh it is always such a pleasure to stroll in your gorgeous garden with you!

I wish I were a better gardener = I am kinda failing, I just can't get it right. But I am trying. Just came in from weeding, watering and tending.

You are an inspiration to get back out there in the morning. Lately it has been unbearably hot and I just can't take it, so the gardens have been so neglected!

Have a wonderful and blessed weekend, Bella! Hugs! ♥

Beatrice Euphemie said...

Beautiful to visit your gardens, Bella. All of your flowers are so pretty. I especially love the little fairy roses...so sweet. The fountain lady with the orb is magical! Enjoy your weekend - I hope you have some fun. Hugs xo Karen

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

Oh my gosh this summer has been one for the record books! It has gone so fast. Glad to hear that there are some fun afternoons away! I am always impressed at how much variety you have in your beautiful garden. The hydrangeas are my fav here. hugs!

Rowan said...

Your garden is so lovely, I wish mine looked as colourful. The roses are finished here (all old shrub roses so no continuous flowering) and I'm awaiting the arrival of asters, mallow and crocosmias. It's inspiring to see all the lovely flowers that you have.

Deborah Montgomery said...

Your garden is a dream to me. I don't have one, nor really the space for one, so just a few containers on the deck. Yours looks like a storybook to me, just beautiful! How lovely to stroll through such beauty!

Princesa Nadie said...

Too much time without a visit to your blog...comming here and meeting you is always a pleasure
Goodbye July and Welcome August!!!!
Love

Kay said...

Bella, I love your gardens! Especially your beautiful lady statue! She's so elegant! I'm also in the pacific northwest and enjoy stopping by your blog to see what's growing in your gorgeous garden. I cannot believe July is gone. I hope August brings more sunrises and blue skies for us before the long gray gloom sets in!And I hope the rest of summer will be filled with lots of fun for you.
Kay

an angel at my table said...

Thank you for all these new post I have missed from your summer garden!! Your photographs are really enchanting. You are very talanted. You make it look like a dream.
All the best from Automn coloured Sweden