Aug 15, 2016

My Favorite Rose Garden...

The old saying...
 
Take the Time to Stop
&
Smell the Roses
 
 
 is more true these days than ever...
 
these mid Summer's Days
as Autumn will be knocking on our senses soon...
 
 
I took the time to
Smell the Roses
recently...
 
with someone special,
at Point Defiance Park
in Tacoma,  WA...
 
it is the home of my favorite Rose Garden


abundance,,,
 

 
 
delightful structure,
freestanding no arbor necessary...
 




 
the pure delight of the narrow grass pathways...
 
conjures up childlike thoughts
 of secret gardens...
 
affirming the belief
that there is magic
in the simple pleasure of life...
 

 
 

 
it feels magical
to stand among the overflowing abundance...
 
to feel the gardeners inspiration...
 
I feel humbled,
and inspired at once...
 


 
 
Thanks for coming along today,
I have so many more photos of the garden.
 
I am sure you are not surprised...
 
I know if you my friend are here reading my blog
you love roses as much as I do
and will enjoy seeing them
 as much as I will enjoy sharing them...
 
Don't Forget to Stop and Smell the Roses :)

8 comments:

Betty from My Irish Cottage Home said...

I can only imagine the beautiful fragrances of all the roses in the garden. I have one lonely rose bush, but it has a beautiful scent of sweet lemons.

Rose L said...

I love rose gardens as well. There are 3 in Portland, all connected to the international rose test garden, with thousands of varieties! The sweet scents can be wonderful!You took some lovely photos!

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Beautiful and I look forward to seeing more of your photos.

Thanks for sharing ~ FlowerLady

Janneke said...

You can kill me by throwing rose photos and I still shall love the roses.
So beautiful Bella!

thel day said...

I love roses but unfortunate I cannot grow them. I have 2 miniature tea rose bushes, yellow and pink.
I always enjoy looking at your blog.
I'm happy to hear that you have someone special in your life after the hard winter you've been through.
Take care xo

Mary@mydogsmygardenandmary said...

So happy that you have a special friend. Thanks so much for sharing this stunning rose garden. You know how much I LOVE roses. Unfortunately, mine are in such sad shape due to the drought. I am praying that we get rain soon and the HOT weather goes away.

How are the girls? Have a lovely week.

Mary

Beatrice Euphemie said...

Your photos are lovely, Bella. I can only imagine the joy of walking among the beauty. I'm sure you knew the names of every one :) xx K

Rowan said...

It looks a really beautiful rose garden - a lovely tranquil place tyo wander round.