Aug 8, 2016

Point Defiance Park... the border garden

The gardens at
Point Defiance Park in Tacoma,  WA
 
are one of my favorite places to wander a morning away...
 

 
the border gardens
are so inspiring...
 
they just make me want to go home and fine tune my own garden...
 

 
while my color palette
is very simple,
only white,  purple, blue and pink..
 
its always a treat
to see a color explosion..
 
there is so my energy in a garden like this,
mine feels so quiet in comparison..



I  loved this past it's prime display,
it felt so whimsical...
 




 
now you know
 how good these lilies smelled!
 

 
such a lovely combination...


 
this sweet little wishing well garden,
features mini roses...




so lovely lying on the rockery...
 



 
there is also a wonderful pond...
 

 
full of duck and turtles
happily sunning themselves...
 
of course,
the very best part of Point Defiance Gardens
is the formal rose garden...
 
I took so many photos
 I divided them into a couple posts...
 
I cant wait to share them with you...
 
 
 
 
Thanks for stopping by today...

6 comments:

The Charm of Home said...

That is beautiful Bella! I grew snapdragons this year and I love them.

Rose L said...

I had read about this park and it is lovely. I want to visit one day!

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

What a lovely park! I loved the pond photo, so relaxing.

Thanks for sharing ~ FlowerLady

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

Beautiful photos! I'm so glad there are gardeners in the world.

Sherri said...

Bella, what a beautiful park!! I love all the flowers!

Beatrice Euphemie said...

A wonderful and inspiring place to spend the day, Bella! I love the pretty gardens and the little pond. The blue salvia and pink coneflower would look lovely in your gardens. I'm looking forward to seeing the roses! xx K