Sep 13, 2016

Blu Berry...

 
 
It is with the very saddest of hearts
that I share the loss of my sweet boy Berry....
 
 
 
I know you have seen him
here around my blog a lot...
 
he always played a background character,
always curled into a little ball, napping...
for he has been old forever...
 
he left me just shy of his 17th birthday....
 
 
 Frank on the left
was my first Italian Greyhound...
 
when Berry was added to the family
a few years later...
 
Frank was beside himself
Squealing....
Love at First Site...
 

he was the best big brother,
I have never seen two dogs more bonded...
 
I love the thought
 of Frank meeting Berry at Rainbowbow Bridge
once again squealing in delight to see his brother...
 


 all my boys...
Randy, Twiggy, Cosmo and Berry...
(Frank must have been hiding somewhere?)
 
all but Cosmo gone now...
 
“Dogs come into our lives to teach us about love,
they depart to teach us about loss.
A new dog never replaces an old dog,
it merely expands the heart.
 If you have loved many dogs your heart is very big.” 
 Erica Jong
 
 
In the Spring we took our last road trip together....
 
to my childhood home of California...
 
my sweet boy
road on my lap the whole way...
 
his nearly blind eyes
soaking in the sites
 
purely delighted...
...
 
although my heart is broken,
I am so thankful for the many many wonderful years
we shared...
he was a pure delight.
 
 Thanks to you all for sharing these bits of my life with me...

17 comments:

Mercy Gallardo said...

Dear Bella,

I´m deeply sorry for your loss. May you be comforted with all the joys and happy memories Berry brought in your life... Thank you for a wonderful blog.

Mercy
Challenging Arts & Crafts

Elizabeth said...

I'm so sorry. It hurts so bad when we lose one of our fur babies. I'm glad he was a blessing to you for all those years.
Libby

Victorian1885 said...

Sending hugs to you Bella as you say Goodbye to your boy...

Deb said...

I understand your pain. May he rest in peace and the wonderful memories help to heal your heart. Sending a hug, Deb

Shabby chic Sandy said...

So sorry for your loss! My Yorkie is 17 also. It is hard to lose them after having them so long but comforting that they had such a long and happy life 💕💕

Rose L said...

It is always heartbreaking to lose a pet who is like a part of the family. Just know his years with you were wonderful and filled with love. You gave as much to him as he gave to you.

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

What a sweet friend and family member! I am so sorry for your loss, and I'm sure Frank greeted him on that rainbow bridge.

Love, hugs & prayers ~ FlowerLady

Cupidgirl23 said...

I am so sorry to read of your loss and thinking of Berry and my own dogs that have passed brought a few tears. How wonderful that you and Berry shared almost 17 happy years together.

Deborah Montgomery said...

I'm so sorry Bella. Blessings to you. xo

Denisa said...

Oooh, I am so sorry for your loss. You had the joy of having him a full 17 years which is a great long life for a dog. Iggy's do live a long time fortunately. He was precious and lucky to have an owner like you.

tekc96 said...

I feel your loss. God was very good to you,letting you have him in your life for all those years. Life is good. Even tho sometimes we question it.

SHERRY said...

So sorry for the loss of your dear boy Berry. Although I am a cat lady, I know how it hurts when you lose one of your babies. A good thought to envision all your boys reunited and playing together forever young.

Janneke said...

So sorry to hear this, you will miss Berry so much, I know how it feels. The only consolation is that he had a wonderful life with you and left you with a lots of great memories.

Carrie B. said...

Deepest sympathies Bella! I know how that kind of pain hurts. He obviously he had a wonderful long life with you...hopefully you're comforted by that.

Blessings. xoxo

Alessandra said...

I'm so sorry for the loss of your sweet Berry.I can imagine how you feel
Hugs Alessandra

Beatrice Euphemie said...

Oh, Bella - I have tears......so sad for you and Frank. Your sweet boy had a lovely life and now he is your guardian angel. So much loss for you this year......Hugs xo Karen

Mary@mydogsmygardenandmary said...

Oh Bella, I am so very sorry of learning about your sweet boy going to the Rainbow Bridge. I know how hard it is to lose a beloved dog. I am so very sorry.

You have had so much loss this year, but things will get better.

Much love,
Mary