Sep 29, 2016

Changes....

I am sure
 I have mentioned Fall is not my favorite season...
 
This year
with the changes in my life I see it differently...
 
instead of only seeing the browness and the death,
I see the energy going into the revitalization,
the preparation
for rebirth...
 
I find myself
looking inward,
ready for my metamorphosis...
 

the stages of the lingering roses,
backlit by the soft low sun...
 

the final stage
 hips...
 
 
my morning view of Mount Rainier
out a bedroom window...
 
the valley cozy
snuggled under the soft hazy morning light...
 
the Mountain hidden,
but no less grand...


Anemone
hold the garden together in the Fall,
abundant and cheerful...
 


the girls,
exploring in the tall grass...
 
we are all feeling a little unkempt these days,
wild...
 


my little family,
wild hearted
and
joyful...
 


 
Ever since the spider had befriended him,
 he had done his best to live up to his reputation.
When Charlotte’s web said SOME PIG,
 Wilbur had tried hard to look like some pig.
When Charlotte’s web said TERRIFIC,
Wilbur had tried to look terrific.
And now that the web said RADIANT,
 he did everything possible to make himself glow.”
E.B. White, Charlotte's Web
 
 
 
radiant,
the sunset reflected on a rose...

 
 my favorite backyard destination...
a little iron bench
under the now old Cherry Tree
I planted as a wee sapling...
 
an obvious place for contemplation...
 
***
When she transformed into a butterfly,
 the caterpillars spoke not of her beauty,
 but of her weirdness.
 
They wanted her to change back
 into what she always had been.
But she had wings. 
  
     Dean Jackson
 
***
 
I am so grateful for the time you share with me...

8 comments:

The Charm of Home said...

Beautiful Bella!

Seawashed said...

A beautiful post Bella. You have captured the beauty I treasure in Autumn. Winter has actually become my favorite season because here in Northern California with the drought Autumn has been so hot and dry. The rains now come in Winter and the deep quiet beauty I yearn for all year long.

Do you do anything with your rose hips? I still have so much to learn about roses.

Enjoy these beautiful fading days. Your view is breathtaking.
x Kerrie

Betsy VanWeerdhuizen said...

Beautiful thoughts put into words so poetically. Thank you Bella, and happy fall to you.
Betsy

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

What a lovely post with beautiful words to accompany beautiful photos.

Have a wonderful weekend ~ FlowerLady

Victorian1885 said...

Beautiful post Bella...

Rose L said...

My garden still dazzles and is colorful. The gardener was here today and was amazed how so many things were blooming long after they should. She trimmed and dead-headed and said this is great soil!

Beatrice Euphemie said...

Love, love, love, Bella! The lovely scenes, the beautiful quotes, the personal meaning.....I didn't know you had a view of the mountain! So nice to see 'the girls'. Pets really do create the sweetest family. Sending hugs xo Karen

Alessandra said...

Beautiful thoughts and amazing pictures. The view from your window is absolutely fairy
Hugs ALessandra