Sep 24, 2016

Lace on the Line...

As we step into Fall
I think of the Summer things that got away...
 
like finding time to paint the fence,
or a million other tasks...
 
as I build my newly single life
I have a million things in a new bucket list,
things I want to include in my new life...
beaches with aqua colored waters,
concerts...
I want to learn to surf,...
 
then there are just the small
oversights of Summer...
like the photos for the following blog post...
 
 
 
sometimes the small oversights
bring with them a little thrill...
 
like seeing the Roses in full bloom...

 
 
finding bits of old lace
at garage sales is always a little thrill...
 
 
I like to hand wash them and line dry them...
 


 
scraps of lace fluttering in the Summer breeze...
 

romantic,
a nod to a simple era,,,
 



a day
when there was time
to sit on a porch like mine
enjoying a Summers day,
hands busy crocheting lace trims...
 

 
I like the peacefulness
of those daydreams..

 
Thanks for stopping by today,
I always enjoy seeing you...

9 comments:

Victorian1885 said...

Beautiful post Bella ...your lace bunting is amazing! Enjoy the rest of your weekend...

Wanda

Linda Walker said...

Bella,
I love lace too and almost always buy some when I'm shopping in antique or vintage shops. I even love the ritual I have of handwashing and hanging it to dry. I love how it looks hanging and draped in your yard. I can imagine it moving in the breeze. It looks so peaceful and so pretty. Lovely post!
Linda

Summer said...

So sweet... It's the little things that really bring the thrills♥

summerdaisycottage.blogspot.com

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Oh so lovely.

20 North Ora said...

Beautiful post Bella. I too, am just overjoyed when I find old vintage lace - whether it be panels or pieces. I just know I can find something to do with it.

Have a Blessed Sunday.

Judy

Катя said...

wonderful!

Beatrice Euphemie said...

This is so beautiful, Bella! Your vintage lace in your lovely garden just makes my heart sing! Sending encouraging hugs and love xo Karen

Alessandra said...

Your vintage laces are such beautiful! Gorgeous pictures
Hugs Alessandra

Debbie said...

What a lovely, peaceful post, Bella.
Debbie
xo