Oct 13, 2016

A Fall Walk in the Forest...

Tonight we in the Puget Sound
are buckling down,
preparing for is said to be a historic storm coming...
 
knowing it was on the horizon,
yesterday was so beautiful
that I had to play hooky from life....
 
to take in
 the lovely Autumn Day...
 


won't you join me
for a little walk in the forest...
 
 

 
 A Day in Autumn
 
It will not always be like this,
The air windless,
 a few last
Leaves adding their decoration
To the trees’ shoulders,
 braiding the cuffs
Of the boughs with gold;
a bird preening

In the lawn’s mirror.
Having looked up
From the day’s chores,
pause a minute,
Let the mind take its photograph
Of the bright scene,
something to wear
Against the heart in the long cold
 
Ronald Stuart Thompson
 
 
 

here in the Pacific Northwest
it is Chanterelle Mushroom season,
I kept my eyes open for a nice handful...


 
I make my way through the waist high Sword Ferns
deep in the forest...
 
 
on this day
the Chanterelles were illusive...
 
still,
the disappointment is small...
 
time spent in nature,
soothes the soul,
grounds you
&
awakens you
 
 
at trails end,
through the woods a clearing...
 
my journey ended here
as has the journey of many others....
 
I will take you back here for a closer look
on the day
 when the veil between life and death runs thin...
 
 
I enjoyed walking with you today,
thanks for coming along...

7 comments:

thel day said...

I've enjoyed it also. Thanks for sharing. I love the woods in Autumn.

HWIT BLOGG said...

So lovely and beautiful...I can feel the calmness...
Have a great friday, take care!
Titti

Rose L said...

Today the storm hit here in Oregon and rains with wind is here. I have friends who go gathering mushrooms every year.

Summer said...

So gorgeous! Enjoying these forest snippets ♥

Pamela Gordon said...

It looks like a lovely fall walk in the woods there Bella. The last photo of the 'final resting place' has me intrigued. I hope you are safe in the storm! Take care.

Alessandra said...

Thanks for sharing your soothing and peaceful walk
Hubs Alessandra

Beatrice Euphemie said...

A wonderful walk, dear Bella! I enjoyed seeing the beauty you have captured of the autumn woods. I love the mysterious ending, too :) xo K