Nov 28, 2016

Bare Trees...

 Over the weekend
I began...
 
setting up trees
and a few favorite pieces...
 
 
Sweet Iris joined me,
my faithful companion...

I am in love
with my new white and flocked tree
it is amazing!
 
 


reflections in a mirror,
a hazy dream world...
 

 
 
each year
 I set up the trees...
 
I find the bare white trees
to be perfect in their simplicity...
 
the quiet,
sparkling whiteness...
 
and,
I wonder if they need adornment at all?
 
then I peek in the boxes
of glittered jewel ornaments...
and am overtaken with the desire for complete
over the top decadence!
 
 



a strand of rice lights
was added to birdies cage,
later a tiny tree...
 


a table top tree
for the family room...
 
this is my cozy place...
 


white candles...
 


sparkling crystal...
 


and delicate lace...
 


 
my sweet girl,
still keeping me company...
 



I really haven't decided
how to decorate the trees this year...
 
I am loving birds
and wings...
 
after my year of changes,
they are symbolic...
 

 
“When she transformed into a butterfly,
 the caterpillars spoke not of her beauty,
 but of her weirdness.
They wanted her to change back into what she always had been.
But she had wings.” ― Dean Jackson
 
 
 all is calm,
and all is bright!
 
 
 
 I am so grateful you have stopped by!

9 comments:

Pamela Gordon said...

Your white flocked tree will look beautiful when it is decorated I'm sure. I did a small tree this year with a winter theme so I can enjoy it into January. Have fun decorating!
Pam

Sarah said...

Beautiful! I've never had a flocked tree, but find them enchanting.

La Vie Quotidienne said...

Very pretty. The white trees are lovely...I never thought of getting one but now I just might.

Tanya Rachelle said...

Pretty! Love the white tree!
~Tanya

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

You captured the magic! Doesn't need a thing.

Curtains in My Tree said...



OH I love it all
especially that sweet little companion watching you then Love the white tree. I wanted a green tree this year until I seen your white tree so I'll put up my white tree again

wmc said...

Beautiful white trees Bella. I too, love their simplicity plain, but also love to decorate trees. A very serene atmosphere!

Gina @ VictorianWannaBe said...

Oh wow Bella, how simply divine your white flocked tree is!! And the reflection of it in the mirror! I can see it decked out with pinks. I have that SAME little bird that you have in your cage, how funny. I've always thought he was cute! Your dog is such a sweetie!

Rose L said...

the white trees are lovely!