Nov 21, 2016

Paper Birch Candles ... a tutorial (almost)

   
 A few weeks ago
I shared my Fall décor and I promised you a tutorial
on my paper birch wrapped candles...
 
 
 
they are a simple way to dress up
store bought candles
and hide the sometimes not too pretty labels...
 
or fancify a plain candle cup...



my inspiration was to hide these labels...
 
 
 
the paper
came straight from my paper birch tree...
 
here in the Northwest we have moss,
and I learned the paper is very strong,
I scrubbed it with a wet sponge to clean it up...
 
ironed the birch paper,
between two sheet of plain white paper...
 
and then cut strips to size...
 
 
of course
this is where hot glue steps in...
 
 
what did we do before hot glue?
really?
 

 
I love the straight from the garden look...

 
 
 
and that's it,
my almost tutorial
on Paper Birch Candles...
 
so simple,
just like I like it...
 
 
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Don't forget
I am having a giveaway!
for a lovely enamel house sign
from RAMSIGN
 and the drawing is Friday
Nov 25, 2016
 
 
 
 
Thanks for stopping by,












3 comments:

Alessandra said...

Thanks for the tutorial. Your candles are very romantic
Hugs Alessandra

Pamela Gordon said...

These are really pretty Bella and so easy to do. We aren't allowed to take the bark from paper birch trees here in our province but if I had a tree in my yard I might. ;) Happy Thanksgiving to you!

Lady of the Woods said...

Beautiful! How wonderful to get that birch straight from your home! I love birch, collect it when I can. I have an old birch bark box for over 30 years now lol....I love it. Your space is beautiful. I came to see your tree.... :D