Dec 12, 2016

My Birthday with Stevie Nicks....

Yesterday was my 52 birthday...
 
and I was thrilled to spend the night
seeing Stevie Nicks in Seattle...
 
 
 
Stevie is my Girl!
 
she has been there all my life,
we have spent countless nights together,
crying over boys and then men...
 
her words
teaching me to be tough,
but never to lose my softness...
 
as I marked a new year in my life,
a new beginning...
 
this night was healing,
it was inspiring...
 
 
Stevie was also there on my 30th Birthday
offereing these words...
 
The clouds never expect it
When it rains
But the sea changes colors
But the sea
Does not change
And so with the slow graceful flow
Of age
I went forth with an age old
Desire to please
On the edge of seventeen
 
her words feel as deeply true
 then as now...
 
 
Chrissie Hynde
opened for Stevie,
she was nothing short of amazing...
 
these two women,
each over 65 years old Rocked the House
and I mean ROCKED THE HOUSE!
 
the audience
was almost exclusively women,
women of my age...
 
girl power was thick in the air...
 
each of us once again
on the Edge of Seventeen..
 
 
My Mom and Me Rocking,
what a night!
 
 
"I run around like a spirit in flight
Fearlessness is fearlessness
I will not forget this night
Dare my wild heart
Dare my wild heart"

14 comments:

Alessandra said...

Happy birthday dear Bella!!!!
Hugs Alessandra

The Charm of Home said...

That's awesome Bella! Happy birthday, love the pic with your mom!

Victorian1885 said...

Happy Birthday Bella...you & your Mom look lovely!

Hugs,
Wanda

thel day said...

Happy Birthday Bella. Your Mom looks so young. Two beautiful ladies!!

LV said...

What a special way to honor your birthday.

Elizabeth said...

Happy birthday Bella! Glad you had fun!

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday, Bella. Glad you had a special evening for your birthday. All the best for new beginnings this year.

Deborah Montgomery said...

Happy birthday! You and your mom and Stevie all have that wonderful long hair -- love it!

Seawashed said...

Happy Birthday beauty! Seriously I thought that you were so much younger than me! I just turned 50 in November so we are nearly the same age. Your blonde with pink tipped hair keeps you looking so youthful. Love it. If I dyed my hair I would put the mermaid sea blue in mine. So glad you had fun.

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Belated Happy Birthday greetings to you.

Love the picture of you and your Mom. You look like sisters.

Glad you had a wonderful bday celebration.

FlowerLady

Janneke said...

Such wonderful photo with your mom. I can really imagine you two had a great evening. I know the songs of Chrissie Hynde and I remember Stevie Nicks too.

Lady of the Woods said...

so very very cool to have a wonderful time with an eternally cool Stevie! and your mom and yourself both look like a pair of lovely fairies. That audience must have felt like pure power. wow. Forever young!

Olga Poltava said...

Belated Happy Birthday dear Bella!
You look so beautiful! And what a great way to celebrate your birthday!
Love the picture with your mom too!

Sending you lots and lots of hugs,

Olga

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

OMG! Beautiful ladies! Sounds like it was magical. So glad you had a special birthday.