Dec 21, 2016

TheTwelve Trees of Christmases Past....

I like to mix it up each Christmas...
 
and I was thinking,
I have shared a lot of different Christmas Trees
here on my blog through the years...
 
so on this lazy day while I am recuperating from the flu
I thought I would share them....
 
 
I have a collection of Victorian Stick Trees
this one done in Nuts and Pinecones...
 
I loved the wall stenciling
but it has long been painted over...


 
not officially a tree :-)
braches painted silver and glittered
dripping in giant icicles,
frame the archway
 
(I added French Doors here years later)
 
this room was also stenciled
the wall more traditionally victorian two toned,
and the dark woodwork!
I am so glad its gone!
 



 
another little stick tree,
in silver...

 
a giant 10 foot tree
 I used to set up in the foyer,
strangely I cant find a full shot of it.....


 
also not really a tree,
but this is one of my favorite simple ways
 to make a room festive....
 


 
just a sweet and simple sapling....



a true stick tree,
with a real birds nest as its focal point....
 
 


my first flocked tree
my heart does flips over this tree...
 



a shabby pink tree
I set up in my bedroom each year...
 
looking at it now
I think next year it needs to find a home downstairs
and take the spotlight...
 


 
my first flocked tree
again
the following year,
this time in the parlor...
 
decorated in only Crystals and icicles...
 
this was my very favorite tree of all time...
 
it took hours to hang all the glass,
and when a breeze blew the tree it tinkled....
 
it felt like magic!
 

 
this sweet little white tree
I picked up for eight dollars
and it one of my favorites!
 
 
 
 
and that bring us back to this year
and my this beautiful flocked white tree...
 
Pink and Silver balls,
a few birds...
 
very simple and sweet
this Christmas is about just that...
 
 
 
wishing you JOY....

7 comments:

thel day said...

They are all very beautiful Bella. I enjoyed the tour. I like the shades of pink baubles wreath over the foyer. I've been thinking of making one like that.. I did my flocked tree in shades of pink this year. Merry Christmas to you. Thelma...

Carolyn said...

I enjoyed seeing all your charming trees...hard to pick just one favorite but really love your flocked tree.

Hope you are feeling better and Merry Christmas!
Carolyn

Gina @ VictorianWannaBe said...

OH wow Bella, I loved going through the years with you seeing your Christmas trees/greenery! So pretty! I like them all but those white trees are truly magnificent! Merry Christmas!
Gina

Alessandra said...

Thank you very much for the wonderful and fairy tour. Your Christmas trees are fabulous.Merry Christmas!!!!
Hugs Alessandra

Sarah said...

Each one is beautiful and has its own personality. Love that!
Merry Christmas, Bella.

Melinda Wood said...

I'm so glad you're feeling better, Ms. Bella! I absolutely love the pictures. Gives me hope and inspiration for future Christmas decorating at my house! :)

Judy at GoldCountryCottage said...

All so really beautiful, Bella. Merry Christmas to you and your family..Judy