Jan 12, 2017

Cold Nights and Candlelight...

At the stroke of the New Year,
it began snowing here...
 
it appears to be a trend...
 
yesterday
we awoke to a fresh blanket,
just as the last of the first snow melted...
 

 
so,
the very best thing to do
is snug up and get cozy...
 



a collection of candles
on a silver tray...
 


 
I love these
simple vintage coffee jars
with their lattice pattern...
 
I added a few frills...
 



the messy bow...
 
the craft version of the messy bun...
 
looks so effortless,
but isn't...
 




 
I brought out
my white faux fur throw....
 
so cozy,
if Daisy will share
...


 
I tried my hardest to spruce up
my tired perfect pink roses...
 
the Dusty Miller was from the garden,
and wilted when I brought it in
from the below freezing temperature...
 
it perked right up!
 


 
we have a chilly weekend ahead,
I am enjoying the quietness.
 
I am joining up at...
 
and
 
 
Stay Warm and Cozy My Friends....

7 comments:

The Charm of Home said...

We'll that is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home!

Alessandra said...

Ohhh....i love the candles in the romantic jars and i like very much the soothing atmosphere of your home
Hugs Alessandra

Sharon Cross said...

Bella...I'm curious about your Victorian sofa...I have a similar one...Is yours rosewood or walnut wood?...I'd love to see an entire photo of it!

Melinda Wood said...

Dear Ms. Bella! I truly love your quiet, serene spirit which shows in your home. And it seems you are getting our normal weather here in New York. We, however, don't have any snow on the ground. And the temperatures are going to be crazy warm for the next week or so. Enjoy your snow and your beautiful home! <3

Betsy VanWeerdhuizen said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Bella! Your sense of design is exquisite. I always read your posts first. They warm my soul. Love following you on IG too.
Have a good day and enjoy your cozy atmosphere.
Thanks, Betsy

June said...

You make me want to get in my car and drive right over and see this beautiful scene in person Bella! (and eat all of your cookies) the recipe sounds soooo good)) You really have such a beautiful style! I love loved the vintage jars and their messy bows!!!
Have a wonderful weekend.
p.s. when I visit your blog from my phone I'm not able to leave a message,(because I am a dummy when it come to techy things) but I love coming to see what you've posted.

NanaDiana said...

It is really so very pretty, Bella. You do a beautiful job and it is nice to see you posting so often again. The candlelight is just so lovely and that throw makes a marvelous wintry cover to cozy up in with a pup (or two).
I hope you have a wonderful weekend, Bella. xo Diana