Jan 21, 2017

Dusty Miller Wreath...

Happy Weekend Everyone...
 
I think most of us are craving a taste of Spring about now...



I know I am,
anything live and green...
 
so I made this Dusty Miller Wreath
last week...
 


it all started
when I added some Dusty Miller
 to a bouquet awhile ago,
it was wilted in the garden
but popped right up fresh as new when it came inside...
 
 
so right there I decided to make a wreath...
 
I cut big bundles
and let them sit in water for a day
to perk up...
 




who would have ever guessed
 it was below freezing and snow was on the ground
when I cut these wisps...
 

 
I love making simple wreaths
this one took maybe 15 minutes...
 
I would love to do a tutorial if anyone is interested?

 
I actually made this wreath four days ago,
and it looks just as fresh
as it did when I made it...
 
I had no idea
 just how hardly Dusty Miller is
but I will be planting a lot more next year!

I am going to be linking up to...
 
Amaze Me Monday @ Dwellings

Metamorphosis Monday @ Between Naps on the Porch
 
Happy Weekend!


9 comments:

Junkchiccottage said...

Beautiful.
Kris

Shine said...

beautiful! would love to see a tutorial!

bj said...

I love this wreath..now I'll plant Dusty Miller in my container garden come spring.

Alessandra said...

Your wreath is so beautiful, very well done Bella!
Hugs Alessandra

Leslie's Garden said...

Your wreath is lovely! That soft gray is perfect for winter. I am surprised how well it still looks after 4 days!

June said...

I can hardly believe it Bella!!! It's amazing that they came back to perfect form. Your wreath is stunning and I would love to see a tutorial on how you made it! The soft grey is perfect for a winter wreath!

Nellie's Cozy place said...

Your wreath is lovely, so soft and such a nice shade of green.
I can't believe it is live dusty milller, and that it still looks
good after 4 days. Do you spritz it with water or anything??

It looks great.....and looks great where you placed it as well.

Blessings Nellie

Cindy @ Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home said...

It's beautiful Bella! Love the different shades of green and gray; a sweetly elegant wreath.
Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY!
Blessings,
Cindy

Rita C. said...

So pretty! Caught it being featured at Dwellings' Amaze Me Monday!
Rita C at Panoply