Jan 17, 2017

Lazy January...

Here we are in mid January
 
up here in Seattle
we are warming up for the first time
 since the New Year's Eve...
 
although
I do get a little stir crazy..
 
I enjoy the quiet time,
the cozy time...
 
 

 
after Christmas,
the house stays a bit bare inside,
minimalistic...
 
and I enjoy it
and sometime I think I will keep it this way...
 
but that never happens
bits of fluff
are added here and there,
organically,
and I find the clutter delightful...
 
 
candlelight fills the night...
 
the small flames,
cheer the long dark nights...


a cozy nook...
 




 
my angel,
a single hold over from Christmas....
 
the way her wings glow in the sunlight is magic
I just couldn't part with her yet...
 


 
while hanging out in my cozy nook
in the parlor...
 
I made the mistake of looking up...
 
to see my very dusty chandelier!
so Spring Cleaning started early here...


 
then I cleaned my dining room chandy...
 
I just love this chandelier
it came from Home Depot
many years ago
and it was brown..
 
 
 

 
I just love the chandeliers
after they have been cleaned...
 
the sparkle factor
makes a great reward for the hard work...
 
Thanks for Stopping By Today!

3 comments:

Bente said...

Your sofa looks so cosy. Your home is just beautiful
Hugs from here

Junkchiccottage said...

It all looks so cozy and pretty and serene. January is a hard month with it so cold and right after the holiday sparkle. You have created a beautiful cozy feel. Enjoy the beauty around you.
xoxo
Kris

Alessandra said...

What a cozy and shabby chic home you have! I love your chandeliers
Hugs Alessandra