Jan 24, 2017

Pop Hearts...

Making homemade Pop Tarts
was one of those those recipes I always wanted to try...

I don't know why I waited so long
they were super easy....



and I cant help but call them 
Pop Hearts
since its almost Valentines Day...



 first you just roll out your favorite pie crust recipe
or store bought pie crust...



and cut them 
into your shape of choice...


a dollop of jam goes into the center of each one,
be careful to keep the edges clean
so they seal well...


place a second heart over the jelly...
crimp the edges with a fork...






I poked steam vent holes
with a toothpick...



I baked these on parchment paper 
not this cooling rack...
but that photo got lost...

I baked mine at 375 degrees
until lightly brown 
on the edges...



then come the fun part,
dressing them up...

I used a light glaze and sprinkles...

my glaze was just powdered sugar
almond milk, cherry flavoring and a little red food coloring...




I hope you give them a try...
they are so delicious...
 
I am linking up to...
 
 
 
 
 
 

Happy Baking...

11 comments:

NanaDiana said...

These sound wonderful, Bella. It reminds me of when my auntie used to cut bits of leftover crust up and then would bake them with the pies-pull them out and slather them with butter and jam. What a great memory maker these hearts would be. xo Diana

G Dazeez said...

I can't wait to try this! I have been wondering about finding something special to serve for Valentine's Day. Thehubs is not a big sweet eater (good for me, he always give me his sweets), so this might just be something small and tasty for a delicious snack with coffee on Valentine's Day.

Gina @ VictorianWannaBe said...

Those look fantastic Bella! Thanks for the tutorial, I'm definitely giving them a try! Thanks a bunch!

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

These look so sweet and sound easy to do. Thanks for sharing ~ FlowerLady

Melinda Wood said...

Dear Ms. Bella! I never realized making homemade Pop Tarts could be so easy!! You make them look so beautiful too! I can't wait to try this!! xoxo, Melinda

Alessandra said...

They look so beautiful, i'm looking forward to trying to make them
Hugs Alessandra

Beatrice Euphemie said...

These look so delicious, Bella! So pretty, too! Perfect for Valentine's Day or any day you need a special little something :) xx K

Rose L said...

Wish someone would make me some!

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said...

I would love to try one!

Laura said...

They are so fun I'm going to try and make them,
Have you tried with apples? I have so many
HPS
Laura

The Charm of Home said...

How cute! You make it look easy. Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home!