Feb 25, 2017

Big Shabby Candle Jar...


In this almost Spring time of the year,
when snowflakes keep falling
and the nights are still cold...
 
I hold on to the coziness of it all...


 
I have been enjoying
 the other shabby candle jars I made...
(here)
 
 
I kept thinking it would nice
to have a really big shabby candle jar...
 
one that could hold a full size fragrance candle...
 


 


covered and trimmed in lace....
 

 
millinery blooms...
 
 



these matches,
thrill me...
 
I know how silly huh?
but, they are pink!
 

 
 
I bought them on an auction site
and paid a silly amount of money for them!
 
but, 
sometimes the heart needs silly things...
 





 
I hope your staying cozy too...
 
I try to enjoy this quiet time,
be present in this moment...
 
but I find my mind wanders to thoughts of the garden that is stirring...
I long for warm summer nights
with the windows standing open...
I lust for the smell of fresh garden roses....
 
************************************
 
don't forget to come and enter my giveaway!
 
I have partnered with Firefly Books
to bring a lucky winner
this great assortment of gardening books!
 
Just the inspiration
we gardeners need as we await Spring!
Click here to come and enter!
 
***********************
 
I am linking up to
 
 


Happy Weekend!

9 comments:

thel day said...

Beautiful post. Your candle is gorgeous. It is starting to warm up here. I'm anxious to see my flower garden also.

Linda M. said...

I love your candles. I made on of these quite sometime back and gave it away. I may have to make some again and try to keep one for my self. As for the pink matches, I can relate, sometimes you just need to have things that you love to look at and touch.
Joyful Wishes, Linda

La Vie Quotidienne said...

What a pretty idea. Most candles are so ordinary, I love how you made this so spectacular.

janice15 said...

Bella I love your big candle shabby jar... so pretty and romatic and the perfect time for it.. I want one too going to see if I can make one.. thanks fir the inspiration... Happy will be Sunday.. and no its not silly sometimes we need silly like you said xoxo with love Janice

Seawashed said...

I have those RA matches too and love them. Your shabby candle is beautifully romantic and your home so pretty. Your new rose banner makes me smile.

http://deezie-sunshinedeezines.blogspot.com/ said...

Absolutely beautiful Bella and the matches are something I would (have) to have also if I saw them. They are perfect together
deezie

Deborah said...

Hi Bella! I love that candle holder...so sweet and shabby!
Candles mean cozy to me :)
Have a beautiful Sunday!

All my heart,
Deborah

bj said...

Having something silly and pretty not only helps the spirit but feeds the soul as well...I'm getting some of those adorable matches...and with such a pretty box, when all the RA matches are gone, I'll fill the box with regular kitchen matches...

Alessandra said...

Ohhh... The pink matches with a so pretty box are such beautiful! The candle jar you made is very elegant
Hugs Alessandra