Feb 16, 2017

Garden Throwback - Roses...

Well it is
Throwback Thursday....
 
and here on this seriously gloomy ansd wet
Seattle, Day...
 
I cant imagine a better Throwback than Summer Roses...
 
Come stroll with me
through Summer Past...
 

 
this Rose is Sweetness,
perfectly named...
 



Roses back dropped with whimsical Foxgloves...
 
and in the far back
the arbor covered in Eden... 
I wish I had a close up of that!


 
pretty in pink...
 

 
 
I believe these are Fairy Roses...
 


 
a close up of Eden!
 
they make my heart swoon...
 


 
Nancy Reagan Rose,
lazily drooped on the picket fence...
 


 
I really wish my whole garden looked like this,
perfect cottage style!
 
although the rose is far too burgundy for my taste
I don't know how it snuck in...
 



lovely James Galway,
those ruffled petals thrill me endlessly...
 


one of my must have Roses,
Gertrude Jekyll...
 
 
breathtaking
Wedgewood Rose...
 
when the weather dries out a bit
it will be time to prune the roses...
 
I have over a hundred bushes now,
a big job...
 
but a job full of hope,
full of promise...
 
a good time to daydream of Summer Days...
 
***
I am joining...



 
 Wishing you a Day filled of Rosy Daydreams....

4 comments:

NanaDiana said...

What a beautiful throw back. I just love your gardens and your beautiful roses and flowers. You really paint a picture with your plant placement and color choices. Gorgeous, Bella. xo Diana

Gina @ VictorianWannaBe said...

Beautiful roses Bella, but the Foxgloves captured my attention! I love those, and yours are so tall! Just beautiful!

Alessandra said...

Gorgeous throw back, your roses and your garden are dreamy
Hugs Alessandra

The Charm of Home said...

They are so very pretty Bella. Love that last one! Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home!