Feb 22, 2017

Snowdrops...

 
I am always so thankful for the snowdrops...
 
they come just when you need them,
when you really need to see a sign
 that Spring is coming...
 
 
having garden fresh flowers one again in my home,
delights me to no end...
 
the little snowdrops
fill this demitasse tea cup...
 
so small
and yet such a big thing!
 
 
"I wonder if the sap is stirring yet,
 If wintry birds are dreaming of a mate,
If frozen snowdrops feel as yet the sun
And crocus fires are kindling one by one:
Sing robin, sing:
 I still am sore in doubt concerning Spring."
~Christina Rossetti.





 
don't forget to come and enter my giveaway!
 
I have partnered with Firefly Books
to bring a lucky winner
this great assortment of gardening books!
 
Just the inspiration
we gardeners need as we await Spring!
Click here to come and enter!
 
Thanks For Stopping By....

3 comments:

http://deezie-sunshinedeezines.blogspot.com/ said...

Good Morning Bella
Snow Drops are so beautiful. I have always looked for them in the garden centers near me but have never found them. Do you get them online or in a catalog? Not sure where to get them. I have always wanted them though* Yours looks so pretty in that adorable cup
deezie

Alessandra said...

The snowdrops in the tea cup are gorgeous
Hugs Alessandra

Michele said...

Hi Bella,

Oh my word this weather is so wacky! Yesterday was 74 degrees...im OHIO - unbelievable - wore short sleeves and flip flops while running errands........woke today closing my windows as fast as I could because it is SNOWING!

I love your post today - well I always do - but it is so pretty and so perfectly spot on in this weather. My crocus are in bloom yesterday and now they are probably just going to wither and die due to this snow. TOO SAD!