Feb 2, 2017

Valentines Day Mantle....

 I have been sick all week,
so I feel like I am having a late start on Valentines Day Décor!
 
so lets just dive in....
 
 
 
the mantle in my parlor,
is always my favorite place to decorate...
 


Not only is it a quiet room
with lovely morning sun...
 
it also feels timeless...
I don't believe anyone enjoyed décor more than the Victorians
and their parlor was their showcase...
 
so I am keeping a tradition of many generations of women
who lovingly fluffed and styled this room...



 
I have gathered all my little harbingers of love
and spread them around the house
for good luck :-)

 
I am using this beautiful bunting for the first time....
 

Its from the Simply Shabby Chic line
by Rachel Ashwell....
 
Love, Love, Love It...
 



the heart designs on my window pains,
where just stenciled on with white craft pain...
 
simple and fast
and I really like the way it turned out...
 
I am inspired to try a bigger project!
 



my Valentines Day Candy Box
I made years ago...
 
 


and a treasured vintage box
I bought a few years ago...
 
I love old candy boxes,
so romantic!
 

 
 tonight I am going to link to....
Home Sweet Home
Pink Saturday

Amaze Me Monday

I want to also share the fun news
that I was chosen as one of the
Top 40 Cottage Blogs!

I am flattered
and in great company!
stop by here and see me
and 39 more super inspiring blogs!


   
 
Love is in the air.....

7 comments:

Alessandra said...

I fell in love with your S. Valentine's decors. The bunting is gorgeous
Hugs Alessandra

Gina @ VictorianWannaBe said...

Oh Bella, your mantel is simply romantic! Everything about it. I really like the candy box you decorated, the sweet cherubs, the banner, all so pretty!
Congrats on your nomination too! I wish they would do that with Victorian blogs, maybe I could get on that list? :)
Happy February!
Gina

NanaDiana said...

I am so sorry you were sick....and I am glad you are feeling better now. Your mantle is really really sweet. I love it and it is so "you". Congrats on the Award for being one of the Cottages!!! I love it!

Do you have a source for the RA Valentine bunting? I LOVE it and would love to find one. xo Diana

Beatrice Euphemie said...

Congratulations, Bella! Well-deserved! Your mantel is so sweetly romantic. Love the stencils and the sweet candy boxes. Glad you are feeling a bit better. Sending hugs xo K

Michele @ The Nest at Finch Rest said...

Oh Bella, how lovely!

Do go to the linky party Pink Saturdays at How Sweet the Sound and share this beautiful decorating for St. Valentine's Day! Those pink loving ladies need to see this!!!!

Hugs. ♥

Ann said...

I'm totally in love with your mantel! Everything is so sweet and the white stencil is just lovely.
Ann

The Charm of Home said...

Congrats on being a top Cottage blog! Your home is always beautiful! Love the etching design on the window! Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home!