Mar 28, 2017

A Spring Day at Point Defiance Park...

 
There are those Spring Days,
when you wake up...
 
the sun is shining bright
the clouds are fluffy and white...
 
and you know
 if you can...
you must get out and enjoy this time...
 
the morning I spent at Point Defiance Park
started like that...
 
but, 
 in true Spring form,
the sun shined
 then the wind blew
 then it rained..
and repeated several times...
 
so please forgive a few blurry photos below...
 



I have taken you with me to Point Defiance Park several times...
it is an amazing park
with over 700 hundred acres of gardens and trails...
 
here are just a couple links....
my favorites
 

 
as I said recently
I really need to add to my Hellebore collection....
 

 
this pink and droopy bloom
was my favorite...
 



 
lovely Primula...
 

 
I love that the park leaves
these patches of English daisies
to grow in the lawn...
 
I extra love it
when the patch is slightly heart shaped!
 



giant patches on anemone
have me inspired to encourage mine to spread more...
 




another thing I admire about the park
is their natural approach...
packing a layer of leaves onto the flower beds for the winter
and turning them into the soil in spring...
 

 
the bare bones
of the grand rose arch...
 

 
the same arch in bloom!
 
it takes my breath away
each time I see it...
 
magical...
 

 
a nice peek
at the lovely Puget Sound,
along the loop drive...
 
 
I hope you too are enjoying some lovely Spring Days...

2 comments:

Rose L said...

I think I visited that park years ago! I am looking forward to visiting several gardens and parks here in Oregon. I just posted the active growing in my own garden.

http://deezie-sunshinedeezines.blogspot.com/ said...

Good Morning Bella
Your photo's are absolutely gorgeous. Love the heart shape in the grass with the daisys and that arch was stunning. You are so lucky to have flowers blooming already. I can't wait for it to warm up here. Thanks for sharing your beautiful day at the park
deezie