Mar 8, 2017

Early March Garden...

 Spring...
there is little in life that feels as
fresh,
as new
as full of promise...
 
 
 
I have been working on a blog project
that has me going through my old photo stash...
 
last night I realized
that the garden is five weeks behind where it was last year!
 
that is a lot!


 
a lot of my blooms
are pushing their way up through
fall leaves...
 
as the garden is still awaiting its clean up
and Spring pruning...
 
 
I just haven't been brave enough to weather
the frequent snow flurries and wind...
 


 
so much moss this year too,
I believe I will not look at is a burden
but in the eyes of Mr. Keats...
 
and when thou art weary
I'll find thee a bed,
of mosses and flowers
to pillow thy head
 
John Keats 
 


 
so bright and cheery!
 

 
this may look like an autumn photo,
but no...
 
I don't believe Mr. Keats
 will have a soothing thought for the pruning
 I need to do...
 

 
the first welcome bloom
 of the New Dawn Viburnum...
 
this usually blooms in the end of January...
 


the Snowdrops are beginning to fade....
 


 
aren't they captivating?
 

 
Spring Dreaming....
 
 
 thank you so much for stopping by,

5 comments:

NanaDiana said...

You are so lucky to have some SPRING coming along at your house. We have horrendous cold winds here (last 3 days) and it is supposed to be a high in the 20s this weekend. I can't wait to see some green and growing things.
Hope you are doing well, dear Bella, and finding some happiness.....xo Diana

http://deezie-sunshinedeezines.blogspot.com/ said...

I think your march garden is beautiful so far. For some reason I just adore moss. Love the way it looks growing in between old brick or flagstone. Enjoy your almost Spring Day Bella
deezie

Bente said...

Beautiful photos. I look sooo forward for the spring flowers, but I have to wait a month before it starts here.
Hugs from here

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

Nothing cheerier than those little blooms peeking through! I even like that wild part of your garden that needs pruning. Your garden statues are adorable! Hugs J.

Alessandra said...

Your garden a fairy land
Hugs Alessandra