Mar 30, 2017

Shabby Chic Mantle...

I consider Spring
to be my very favorite season...
 
it's full of promise,
of inspiration
of anticipation...
 

 
so I made a banner with my Rachael Ashwell
DIY Banner Kit...
 


 
and added a few tissue paper flowers,
because Spring does feel like a party!
 




these paper lanterns
are also by Rachel Ashwell...
 
I have these in several color combos
along with another new in the package banner
just like the one above in my Etsy Shop....
 
 


 
when I was a girl
my grandmother treated me
 to one of these sugar eggs each year...
 
mine were usually filled with chicks and bunnies,
and I nibbled all the sugary decorations,
I had no restraint...
 
so I was thrilled to find this antique sugar egg
at an estate sale last year...
in perfect condition...
 

 
My marching glitter rabbits have also
made their way to my mantle...
 
-------
 
I am still in a bit of vacation mode here,
my brother is in town...
 
it is always fun to re-explore your area,
with the eyes of a tourist...
 
to freshly see the wonder and beauty
that surrounds you,
that you too often take for granite.
 
 
thank you for visiting me today,
I hope you are finding fresh beauty in your daily life too...

5 comments:

http://deezie-sunshinedeezines.blogspot.com/ said...

good morning Bella
Your Shabby Chic Spring Mantel is beautiful*** love those glitter eggs and always wondered if anyone ate them. Those bunnies are adorable. Everything is so pretty, love the tissue flowers and banner* Have fun exploring with your Brother and have the best day ever Bella
deezie

Sharon Cross said...

Bella...Is the Victorian chair I see, peeking out from the pillow...a rosewood or walnut laminated chair?

Rose L said...

Those marching bunnies are adorable!

Alessandra said...

That shabby chic banner is so lovely. The paper lanterns are so beautiful too
Hugs Alessandra

NanaDiana said...

Love your mantle. I can't believe what good condition that sugar egg is in. I used to have a couple of them from hubby's grandmother but they basically disintegrated over the years. That was a lucky find for you. xo Diana