Mar 22, 2017

The Sea of my Childhood...

I am so lucky
to have my brother in town!
 
last weekend we took a trip to
Oak Harbor, Washington...
 
a small town on Whidbey Island
were we spent a few years of our childhood...
 
 



before
I moved to Washington State
I lived in Los Angeles,  California...
 
the beaches there so different
than the almost still waters of the Puget Sound...
 
each beautiful...
 
the beach is my happy place...
it moves me,
it humbles me,
it  grounds me.
 





the snow capped
Olympic Mountain Range in the background...
 






 
We are tied to the ocean.
And when we go back to the sea,
whether it is to sail or to watch -
 we are going back from whence we came.
 John F. Kennedy
 
It was an amazing weekend...

 
Thanks for stopping by,

5 comments:

Deb said...

How I wish I could go to the sea. It is someplace that revives me, makes me feel whole. Thank you for sharing the photos.

Alessandra said...

This is a such beautiful, soothing and peaceful place. Thanks for sharing the sweet memories of your childhood
Hugs Alessandra

Betsy VanWeerdhuizen said...

Your pictures are just breathtaking. I've been to Oak harbor many times and the drive there and the scenery are just gorgeous. Thanks for sharing your beautiful day.

Beatrice Euphemie said...

Such a beautiful place to spend time reminiscing with your brother. Those moments are so special. Lovely photos. xo Karen

Rose L said...

I enjoy an occasional visit to the shore! I am hoping my best friend and I (we live in Oregon) will get a yurt for a 3 day visit together!