May 24, 2017

Waiting for Roses...

With this crazy year we have had in the Northwest....
 
I am still waiting on my first Roses blooms
 of the year...
 

 
I check each day,
full of anticipation...
 


 
this Gertrude Jekyll
is so close...
 
so close when I bury my nose up against this bud
I can get a faint whiff
of what is to come...
 
ahhhh
 

 
we have suddenly had a heat wave,
our cold wet days
became a long dry spell,
the temperature soared into the mid eighties...
 
and the blooms,
withered so quickly on this Weigela...
 


the Pink-a-Boo
has just begun to Peek :-)
 
 
I love pairing these small sweet blooms
with roses....
 



the current show stoppers
are the Columbines....
 

 
there are so many varieties...
 
I love everything about them,
their soft pastel colors,
the layered petals...
that will forever make me think
 of a flouncy ballerinas skirt...
 
graceful
 

the Dutch Iris...
 


 
Sweet Rocket...
 
which always reminds me to take a trip into the hills
where it grows wild and abundant...
 

 
I have been working on removing
my raised vegetable garden beds...
 
this patch of self seeded chives,
I have left be for now
 just to enjoy its beauty...
 

 
waiting patiently,
or at least I am trying to....
 
Have a Beautiful Day....

5 comments:

Lone Hall said...

Those pictures are absolutely beautiful
You are a great photographer, and I really enjoy visitong your lovely blog.
I wish you a wonderful evening

Hugs Lone

http://deezie-sunshinedeezines.blogspot.com/ said...

Good Morning Bella
Your flowers are gorgeous. I have the same in my garden and we don't have roses blooming yet either. I can't wait*** The Columbine are one of my favorites. Even the Chive is just so pretty. Enjoy this wonderful day
deezie

Alessandra said...

Your flowers are stunning and breathtaking
Hugs Alessandra

Louca por porcelana said...

Amazing flowers,great photos!

Rose L said...

I do not have columbines in my garden tho do not know why. I see them on the campus where I work in so many color variations. My garden is doing so well! I live in Oregon.