Jun 8, 2017

Pretty Peonies in a Row....

 What do you do
when it all happens at once?
 

 
my Peonies
went into bloom at he same time as the Roses...
 


 
Pretty Peonies all in a row...
 



 
the frills....
 

 
these Peonies
are the only plants that came with the house...
 
 
as much as I love them I have planted some paler varieties
but, they have yet to bloom....
 



 
 ah yes...
ants and peonies...
 
When the Peonies begin to open
that have a nectar the ants can't resist...
 
a natural attraction...
 
some say the ants help the buds to open...
others say the ants fight off other insects
 that would eat the peony...
 
I believe nature knows how to take care of itself....
like the plight of the bees due to our use of pesticides,
we need to let nature be...
natural!
 
 
 
Stop and Smell the Peonies
(but watch out, don't inhale an ant :-)
















4 comments:

Lone Hall said...

Oh beautiful peonies. They are really one of my favourite flowers. They need the ants and You are so right that we have to let Nature be natural.
Hihi dont inhale an ant ;)

Blessings and hugs
Lone

Melinda Wood said...

I completely agree about using pesticides and how it's affected nature. Truly devastating. Your flowers are simply lovely. I always enjoy looking at your photographs! <3 <3

xoxo,
melinda

Bente said...

Beautiful peonies. I love them and have some in my garden, but they are not blooming yet.
Hugs from here

Rose L said...

I have peonies as well and they are so lovely! They have a similar look to roses.