Jun 26, 2017

Summer Things...

Summer....
 
in theory the days are lazy,
but, for me they have been so busy...
 
gardening,
garage sales,
long lunches with friends,
dating <3,
I joined a fitness competition at my gym,
and just
soaking up the sun...
 


this beautiful Purple Book
with a Crown on the front
was my favorite and cheapest garage sale find last Summer...
 
simple things thrill me <3
 

 
I knew it would look lovely with roses...
 
here the giant first flush
of Gertrude Jekyll is drawing to a close,
faded petal liter the gazebo floor...
 
soaking up the sun
 won over gardening the last few days
now there is much to catch up on...

 
 “I feel as if I had opened a book
 and found roses of yesterday
 sweet and fragrant, between its leaves.”
   
― L.M. Montgomery    
Anne of the Island
 






books feel as though they have a soul,
wisdom....
 

 
simple things,
great joys...
 
life is good.
 
Happy New Week....

6 comments:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

What beautiful photos! I went shopping for old books this morning and found a few treasures. I love books...and pretty covers like this one! Hugs, Diane

Lone Hall said...

So wonderful pictures and beautiful book and roses. I hope you will find time to relax a bit, and enjoy the summer.
I wish you a lovely day
Hugs Lone

Karen said...

My spirit feels lighter after reading and seeing this delightful post. Thank you for sharing!

Kathryn Ferguson Griffin said...

Such a lovely book and gorgeous photos. I love Summer, but I do wish they were less busy. I try to read a chapter a day in whatever current book I'm reading just to keep it fresh. I wish I had the time to lounge and read the afternoon away! Lovely post. Thank you for sharing. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

Alessandra said...

Dear Bella, Your photos are breathtaking. The book with the roses is such romantic
Hugs Alessandra

Debbie said...

Your images are always so lovely, Bella.
It sounds like you are happy, and enjoying life.
Good for you!
Debbie
xo