Jun 19, 2017

Sunday Drive - Wild Flowers...

I love a Sunday Drive...
 
and I am lucky to live somewhere that with in a couple hours
I can be in the snow
in the deep forest
or at the beach...
 
 
this Sunday Drive,
was very simple...
 
only fifteen minutes away,
to the tiny town of Wilkeson...
 
 
I went specifically
 to see the Wild Sweet Rocket in bloom...
 
 
I have taken you along to Wilkeson, WA before
to show you these coke ovens....
 
you can view that old post here...
 
 

 
 
along the way I found
Queen Anne's Lace...
 


 
like snow flakes...
 





speaking of snow...
 
the Cottonwoods
are creating a blizzard of pollen....
 
see it in the air?
and lining the roadside?
 
achoo...
 



Wild Geranium...
 


 
 
the local quarry in Wilkeson
supplied the sandstone
for the Washington State Capitol Building
in Olympia...



 
ahhh,
the Sweet Rocket....
 
they are one of my favorite wildflowers...
 





Buttercup and Forget-me-nots...
 
 
I just learned
Buttercup is in the Ranunculus Family of plants...
 

 
 
the Foxgloves are almost ready to burst...
 
A reason to come back again soon... 
 
 
Discover your own Backyard...

2 comments:

Rose L said...

Not long ago I strolled through a wildflower area in West Linn, OR across the river from my home and so enjoyed seeing them all blooming! Thank you for sharing your neck of the woods.

real estate companies said...

Besides the roses I love the cute little puppies, dressed in a birthday outfit. By the way Sunday is always a fun day when its springtime.