Jul 17, 2017

July Roses....

Oh, what a strange year we have had in Seattle...
 
after a Winter of endless gloom,
now we have a Summer of endless dry days...
 
it hasn't rained here in my garden
in  about 32 days...
 
so unusual,
for Seattle...
 
 
the first flush has ended
and the dry hot weather is taking a toll on the garden....
 
but, Climbing Blushing Lucy
just didn't get the memo,
she is abundant and glorious....




most of the other Roses,
only have a stray rose here and there...
 
a great time to get up close and enjoy the details...
 
this is Brother Cadfael,
an outstanding David Austin Roses...
 


 
Blushing Lucy again...
 



Faded Eden Rose blooms,
a hint of color...
 
the weather really effects the coloring of my Eden Roses...
 


 two more Blushing Lucy...
 




The Fairy Rose,
lovely open sprays...
 
 

 
James Galway
another beauty from David Austin....
 
have you ever seen so many petals.
all ruffled....
sigh.
 



another David Austin rose...
 
Mortimer Sackler,
a stray faded bloom...
 

 
we will end with Sweetness...
 
I hope that is how you day is going :-)
 
 
Hugs....

8 comments:

Beatrice Euphemie said...

So nice to meet your beautiful roses! Each one more lovelier than the last! xx K

Rose L said...

The roses are gorgeous!!!!

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

SO beautiful! Must be wonderful!

Karen said...

So much loveliness. Blushing Lucy is going on my list. Here in Eastern NC Eden roses are pale. I have to move it! It gets to much heat and sun. I have never moved a rose and it is very tall so this is going to be an adventure! Thank you for lovely post! I always learn so much from you!

Michele said...

Oh, my goodness, what splendor - your roses are absolutely gorgeous!!!!!

Haworth said...

It's always been so lovely to read about and see your roses, Bella. My poor hedge rose had hardly any blossoms this year, despite being remarkably green and healthy. Oh but I enjoy seeing yours! I'm sorry you haven't had the rain you need. That seems odd for Washington. Enjoy these beautiful summer days!

Linda Walker said...

These roses are so beautiful.....but I really want to smell them !!! ;)
LOL!
Linda

Lone Hall said...

Dearest Bella
So lovely roses from your wonderful garden.
Here in Denmark we have the coldest and most wet summer in many years. Let's switch a little;)

I wish you a wonderful new week
Lone