Jul 10, 2017

Little Mashel Falls....

Summer is for outings,
for exploring,
for embracing nature...
 
 
sitting on a rock
at the base of a waterfall,
this all happens...
 
the world fades out.
 
when I went on my hike
I chose to enjoy the moment
and not bring my camera...
but,  I pulled my cell phone out so much
 and the place was so beautiful
I decided to share...
so bear with me and my blurry shots :-)

 
walking along old train tracks...

 
and old growth forests,
it was a five mile hike...
 

 
the first glimpse
of the big fall inspires me to pick up my pace...
 
these are Little Mashel Falls
in Eatonville, WA

 
polls of still waters,
a perfect place to dig your toes...
 
I dipped mine several times
unintentionally
as a crossed the slippery rocks...


 
this blurry flower was actually
quite lovely...
 

 
as I descended and drew near the falls
I saw the swimming hole at the base...
 
a mini paradise,
I am coming back soon with my swim suit...

 
on the return trip I saw an old foundation
where a building had once stood,
across from it this Rose grew...


left to itself in the shady forest
it had survived,
thrived...
 
and climbed high into the trees...
 
no shrinking violet,
it had climbed high to find its own sunshine...
 



after the hike,
I decided to visit...
 
it is always a delightful place to visit
at the base of Mount Rainier in Ashford, WA
 

 
 

'
 this caboose is a new addition,
amazing in the details...
 
if you ever visit Mount Rainier
make a trip down to visit
Dan Klennert
and enjoy his work...
 
 
 
 
Thanks for coming along....

6 comments:

Haworth said...

Hi Bella, what a wonderful outing, surrounded by all that loveliness. Those paths under the trees look like an aisle in a cathedral, and the waterfall and swimming hole look so inviting and refreshing. I love the roses you found, hearty little things. I hope to read back through your posts as I've been away quite awhile but look forward to catching up with the things you've done and the places you've enjoyed. Especially your gardens and beautiful roses! Take care. - Haworth (cottage-industry.blogspot.com)

Beatrice Euphemie said...

What a beautiful hike you have taken us on, Bella. Love the little pools and waterfalls and that heart-breakingly beautiful wild rose, growing all on its own. Love the rusty chandy, too :) Pretty photos, even with an I-phone! xx K

Rose L said...

I love communing with nature and feeling the lifting of my spirit!

Alessandra said...

Wonderful paths, waterfalls, trees. I love nature
Hugs Alessandra

Tracey said...

It looks like a lovely place to walk, and the swimming hole most inviting. Recycled Spirits of Iron looks fascinating.

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

Spectacular! I love nature spots like this.