Feb 11, 2013

Tea in The Sitting Room...

I thought I'd share tea with you
in my sitting room today...
 
give you a peek at the new sofas...
 
the room is a work in progress,
you know how it is,
you change one thing
 then you need to fix something else,
and so on....
 

 my little old man Berry
was sure all the pillow plumping was for him,
and settled in for a nap...
 
he is an old dog and sound sleeper,
he never moved an inch :-)

 
the new sofas are both from IKEA,
the long one is the Ektorp Sofa
and the one on the window wall is the Ektrop Hide-A-Bed
 
I have been using vintage crochet edged sheets
to cover the seat of the sofas,
cause with six dogs,
this is easier than changing the slipcovers...


 I am covering the sofas arms
with vintage crochet edges pillow cases...
 
I also plan to use a lot of throws
and quilts to cover in the muddier season,
yes,  in Seattle that is most of the year...
 

on to the tea...
 

 a perky cup...
 

 bite sized sugar cookies
sprinkled with powdered sugar...
 

 bottoms up...
 
 
 


 
 
 

 

 a cute book of poems...
 

 to ponder...
 
 
It's nice to take some time out,
for a bit of sweetness...
 
 Today I am joining...
and
 
Thanks for sipping with me today...