Jun 27, 2010

Gazebo Tour..

Today I though we would take a peek
at the gazebo...

(click photos to enlarge)

Here is one of the archways
it's symmetrical so there is another doorway
on the other side...


A little rabbit with a flower in his hare came to welcome you :-)


This archway is the on the sunny side
and the Clematis is in full bloom.


Of course there should be a cute rustic chandy
in the gazebo ;-)


Before we go inside, here is a view of the garden to the right.
Lots of pink blooms...


Here is the little table where we eat our lunch
as often as we can in the summer.

It's Mike's favorite place
because it overlooks his koi pond...


Here is a little nest I keep on the table,
with moonstone eggs and a vintage button I found in the garden ...
That's one of the joys of digging around in an old property
you never know what you'll find...


I filled my wall pocket with daisy's and toad flax
they are in a little baggie of water, and will keep a few days
It's fun to have flowers at the table...


On the other side of the gazebo
Is my favorite spot
I showed it to you here...


Here is the rest of that side..
a little love seat and a pink storage bench...

Last time I shared my wicker with you a couple people asked..
how I keep the cushions dry and clean.
The gazebo keeps everything pretty dry,
the cushion all have slip covers of pillowcases or sheets,
  the little crochet pillows are washing machine friendly.
(with all the dogs this is important!)
Everything is just an inexpensive garage sale find, anyway.


Here is a perennial bed
as seen from the back of the love seat,
The lavender poppies are just starting to bloom...


Here is Twiggy's favorite spot,
A soft place to sleep in the sun...


Another photo of the Roses behind my favorite chair...


More Roses with Valerian in the background...


This photo is was taken a couple days ago,
from the little purple bench on the other side of the pond.

It was a nice sunny day and the reflection of the gazebo
on the pond was just gorgeous!

Today I am joining
Cielo at The House in the Roses


I am resharing this to
The Summer Block Party at





Thanks for the staying for the long visit today!