Nov 16, 2010

Fall Storm...


Last night was the first fall storm...

Full of high winds and power outages,
One of the perks of living  down town
with businesses in my backyard,
is we rarely do without power for long
since keeping the businesses going is important to the city...

(click photos to enlarge)

We have yet to have a hard freeze
all the leaves have been holding tight in the trees
until last night,
they came down in sheets
the pond is full.....


Since the garden is having it's final
curtain call for the year,
I thought we should look around
before it's all gone...


The Beauty Berry
is living up to it's name,
loaded with amazing purple berries...


It has been a strange year..
the Foxgloves don't seem to know what season it is :-)


The Guadalupe Roses are tough
still trying to hold on....

I am tempted to cut all the pretty blooms
and bring them in,
though they only last a day
the change is just too much for them...


My faithful Gertrude Jekyll
has proven what a tough lady she is!

 I am amazed to be lucky enough to enjoy her beauty
in mid November!


The Sweet Peas are also confused
and don't seem to know summer is long gone,
but...
 I am not complaining, not one bit!


Fever Fews perky white flowers seem more suited
for a bright summery day...


The Potato Vines are dwindling
and my garden Cupid's cover is fading
he can be seen peering through the lattice once again...


Pansys are enjoying the cool weather
and are a year round staple...
Whoever thought pansy was a term for something weak
was sadly mistaken
they so tough...


A strange sight
is a very late strawberry growing
beside my mini pumpkin...


Yes... The final curtain call...
Snow is in the weekend forecast!

 I am joining...
A Southern Daydreamer for Outdoor Wednesday
and
Thanks for strolling with me!

26 comments:

High Street Cottage said...

I (heart) beauty berries! How lovely. My strawberries are suddenly re surging too, I thought they were gone from summer then suddenly I see pretty red berries again.

Mariette said...

Dearest Bella,

Indeed, some plants are a bit confused but it is also the mild and moist climate of fall weather that makes them perform at their second best.
We have right now the most fragrant and beautiful Angel's Trumpet Daturas since the plants are inside the greenhouse (blog of Nov. 15). Just got home from a meeting and the air in our kitchen is filled with their almost intoxicating smell. Like warm honey... So nature is good to us, for letting us at least hold on to its beauty till the next phase of it will present itself...
Have a nice week,

MariettesBacktoBasics

Bloggymom said...

Such pretties. My roses are a bit confused as they are blooming in a snow storm. :-)

NanaDiana said...

I can't believe all the things you still have growing in your garden...and that strawberry? Well, that is just crazy!! Your roses have sure hung tough this year. And you say that pansies grow year round there? We get them in late spring through early fall and then they are gone.

Lovely tour...I'm sure it won't be the same in a week or so! hugs-Diana

JayLeigh said...

Oh, my goodness, what lovely pictures! That is so true about pansies! They really are tough flowers. And they are so pretty! How funny that a strawberry is growing this time of year! :D

stefanie said...

oh, its all still beautiful!! especially those berries, I have never seen them before!

Blue Creek Home said...

Your photographs are beautiful - the flowers too.
Rhonda

Cabin and Cottage said...

My goodness these are beautiful pictures. Your garden is still gorgeous. I love the statue peeking through the lattice! And the berries! The leaf strewn pond is pretty too. Glad you let us have a look! JQ

Tete said...

We had one of those a few weeks ago and we have had our freezes now. Down in the 20s at night. They say snow for Thursday- won't be much, but it will be white.
Hugs- Tete

Mari said...

HELLO BELLA,

WOW I'M AMAZE THAT YOUR STILL HAVING BLOOMS HANGING ON IN THERE....LOL OHHH BUT HOW SWEET AND BEAUTIFUL THEY MUST LOOK :) THANKS FOR SHARING THEM MY FRIEND :)

XOX~MARI

Blondie's Journal said...

It goes to show what a magnificent gardener you are...nothing wants to die off in your pretty garden!! :-)

XO,
Jane

Patricia Torres said...

Bella... you are the best plant lover I've ever seen... Those images are beyond gorgeous!!

Hélène GLEHEN said...

I like the Beauty Berry. You have had storm here in france last week : strong winds and heavy rain but the weather is warm for the season. And as you rightly said the plants are confused and do not know summer has long gone. The primroses are blooming and Christmas roses as well !
Have a nice day

Hélène Glehen ♥

Light and Voices said...

Berries....are yummy! Enjoyed your post this week. Just lovely.
Joyce M

chateaudelille said...

Our weekend forecast is for hot and hot.I hope to be in the pool.I look forward to seeing what winter looks like for you guys.Fiona

Kom Achterom said...

Hai Bella
your garden is beautiful. here everything is gone!
love the latest roses
happy week Yolanda

* French Farmhouse 425 * said...

Hi Bella~ We had a horrible storm in Seattle last night too!! Our kitchen door (1930s glass pane) broke all over our kitchen,I was just so thankful we had just left the kitchen right before it happened!!! UGH..atleast it is replaceable~ Hugs, Rachel ;)

Lavender Cottage said...

Hi Bella
Nice to see some colour still in your garden (I really want a beautyberry) and the photo of the pond with the waterfall came out really well.
We've been having rain here but if it gets any colder, the white stuff will be falling.
Judith

Donnie said...

Your photos are really gorgeous. Happy Outdoor Wednesday.

Jo said...

O how I enjoyed this post!..your photo's are lovely...we have beauty berry growing wild on our property, I must say I appreciate these beauties more, since reading this great post.
-Jo
-LazyonLoblolly

Passionedeco...perchè le case hanno un'anima said...

Oh dear Bella.
Your garden is so bautiful even at this time of year!
I think a beautiful garden gives such a magic atmosphere in winter, and berries are the absolute focusing point.
Kisses,
Fra

Pink Roses and Teacups said...

Hi Bella,

What lovely pictures. Your garden still looks so pretty. We had a storm last night too, here in central NJ. Rain, and very heavy winds.

Debbie

LindyLouMac said...

Calling by from News From Italy via this week's Outdoor Wednesday, I have very much enjoyed the stroll around your garden thankyou for sharing.

Kristen {a little ditty} said...

Wow! I can't believe how many things are still going in your garden, I'm jealous! Those Beauty Berries are really pretty, I have never seen those before.

LC said...

You've inspired me to pull out my camera and shoot some late fall photos... it's a pretty time of year in its own way... L

Míriam Luiza said...

Que pos lindo, cheio de carinho e admiração pela natureza. Gostei de sua mini abóbora no jardim. Já tenho mini romã e mini abacaxi, mas não conheço a mini abóbora. O morando está lindo e as rosas também. Parabéns!!!