Sep 29, 2011

Silly Objects of Desire...

Do you have those silly objects of desire,
that your heart just wants..
although they are just plain frivolous?
(of course you do :-)

My current temptation
has been those Jeanne 'D Arc wings,
they thrill my heart every time I see them...

when I am bored late at night,
I think about pushing the buy button,
but at ninety four dollars,
 I just haven't been able to...

(click photos to enlarge)

Then as luck would have it,
I saw a pair at Victorian Trading Co,
for only twenty dollars!!

I bought two pairs :-)


for now this pair is hanging over the mantle...

this seems to be where all new items
migrate to in the house,
a place to get to know them...

The other pair will go over the bed for now.

  I can't wait to use these at Christmas time!


aren't they just divine?


and at Victoria Trading Co. 
I also got a halo,

for when I am feeling
like an angel
or at least need to look like I am...


If you are interested in wings of your own
here are links to both sites...

Jeanne D' Arc Living

Victoria Trading Co.

For you with little ones,
who are thinking about Halloween...
order early because Victoria Trading Co is a slow shipper.

Tonight I am joining
and

Thanks for stopping by....

25 comments:

Phyllis AROUND THE HOUSE said...

Pretty soooo pretty....love the wings...also love your blog...I am now a new follower of yours and I will be back for more...I also love the lavendar wreath...phyllis...come for a visit

Tracie~MyPetiteMaison said...

The wings are beautiful. I was longing for a pair too and purchased an inexpensive pair too from a friend's website. I think the ones you ordered are full and beautiful. I will go check them out. It's so good you purchased a couple pairs. I think $94. is a little pricey but they are quite beautiful!

My Shabby Streamside Studio said...

Oh they are so sweet! Thanks for the tips, hon.
Mantle looks great.

xo

Sandy

The Vintage Farmhouse said...

Oriental Trading company also has them right now for $8.

Cindy said...

Ohhhh , they're wonderful! I am so going to go over and look at the $20.00 pair. And, your mantel couldn't possibly look any prettier, i love the candelabra with the window and the white flowers...

Cindy

NanaDiana said...

As soon as I saw your post I thought I have to tell her about Victorian Trading Company...and some of their "vintage" clothing is just amazing!

Your wings look beautiful. I think you should wear a pair of them with a TShirt that says Naughty Angel! xo Diana

Shabby chic Sandy said...

I love these so much--I want one for the back of each of my chairs! Thanks for adding the link.

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

Twenty is a whole lot better! They look sweet on your mantel, and they'll be great for Christmas! I'll be watching for the modeling shots!

Janae said...

Omgosh love them, so creative and pretty where you but them. thanks for sharing the link of where to get them. I am going to buy them too!

Sizzle and Zoom said...

The wings are beautiful. They look lovely on your mantle.

Kom Achterom said...

Nice wings! love the romantic way you decorate them.
have a lovely weekend
Yolanda

fialka012 said...

❤❤❤

jeanetteann said...

Heavenly xx

Lavender Cottage said...

Hi Bella
Good things come to those who wait! It was worth it too, very nice wings and halo.
Judith

Ricki Jill Treleaven said...

Hee, hee I just ordered some flowery Wellies from them! :D

The wings are adorable!

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

Gorgeous gorgeous Bella!! Sharing this on FB- thanks for sharing at my party this week! :)

Elna said...

Nice, I have a pair of angle wings too and I love them.

A big hug from Sweden

Olga said...

Oh, they are gorgeous!

Shirley said...

Wings to fly with..how beautiful..I shop VTC all the time..love the stationery dept. best!
Christmas time will be awesome for these special wings..

Debra Hall said...

So pretty......love the wings!! Came over from The French Country Cottage
~Debra

Sherry said...

Bella,
These are fantastic! Love them above your mantel. I have a pattern for a pair to made of cloth. They are shown in a red check. I love the feathers! Beautiful! Thank you for linking it to Home Sweet Home!
Sherry

Shabbily By The Sea said...

Oh they look so gorgeous and what a fabulous price,
x

Faded Charm said...

Beautiful and my latest obsession also. Thanks for the info beccause I've been looking and want some for my manequin at Christmas time:-)

Enjoy your evening!

xoxo
Kathleen

michele said...

beautiful.

found you via whitewednesdays. hope you can stop over where i am having a giveaway:

http://hellolovelyinc.blogspot.com/2011/10/more-stencil-splendor-giveaway.html

michele

A Cottage Muse said...

So pretty...looks great hanging on that old window!