Jun 4, 2014

Roses on the Patio...

I hope you are ready for more Roses?
 
I have show you my Roses
 in the front and in the back gardens...
 
if you have missed those they are
Here and Here...
 

I thought today we would end the tour
on the back patio,
because this is where I like to end my day...
 
you can see the Paul's Himalayan Musk Rose
 growing on the porch pole...
 
it is much heavier in bloom
 here on  my sunny patio
than in yesterdays picture
growing in the shade of the Cherry Tree...
 
but, yes it is classified as a rose that is tolerant of shade
and both are happy as can be...
 


looking through the lattice...
 
my morning companion,.
a Scrub Jay...
I filled my garden colander with peanuts
and now we are best friends...
 
in the background
you can see Eden on the Arbor...
 


 
a close up of
Paul's Himalayan Musk...
 
the tiny blooms start pink
and turn white...
 


 
David Austin's
Scepter'd Isle...
 
so tender...
 

 
the giant blooms of
Francis Meilland Rose
in the front...


and,
up close...
 


 
Tiffany Rose,
I love those petals scalloped edges....
 


Roses in waiting...
 


 
the deep bowl shaped rose
David Austin's
 
Brother Cadfael...
 


 
David Austin's Huntington Rose,
holding it's head high...
 


while the early blooms
gave into the weight,
and drooped so gracefully....
 


David Austin's
Wisley...
 


 
up close,
and painfully pretty...
 


 
with the first flush fading,
today marked the first big dead heading...
 


such a pretty mess...
 

 
 I am linking up to...
and
 
Always Take Time to Smell the Roses...

22 comments:

Brooke Kroeger said...

Oh how beautiful, view from in and out... I really love how you showcase your garden so elegantly! I would love for you to share it at the Home Sweet Garden Party!

See the post here ---->>>http://creativecountrymom.blogspot.com/2014/06/home-sweet-garden-party-63.html

xxx....Brooke

Tracey Steele@Breathing English Air said...

Absolutely gorgeous!

Mary@mydogsmygardenandmary said...

Your roses are beautiful Bella. How many rose bushes do you have? I can see why you end your day on the porch - such beauty.
Thanks so much for sharing your lovely roses, you know how much I love mine.
Mary

Bente said...

I`m always ready to see your gorgeous roses. The porch is soooo beautiful.

Hugs from here

Janneke said...

I wonder how many roses you have, it is really impressive. It is such a delight to spend your days among the roses sniffing in their lovely fragrance.

Amy Jo said...

They look so beautiful! I bet your porch smells heavenly too!

Blessings,
Amy jo

Lady of the Woods said...

oh so very very beautiful!, I know you enjoy them while you can. I hope one day to have roses here in So.Florida or to live where they like to live. :D

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

The END of the tour? You're kidding, right??? I'm feeling like Iris from a couple posts ago. In ecstasy. These are your most gorgeous posts ever! What an abundance!

Olga said...

Hi Bella, your back patio is such a lovely spot with all your gorgeous roses and garden views. Nice shot of the scrub jay, I have one visiting me occasionally too, and a couple of robins, and just the other day a humming bird was resting on my cloth line. I'm so exciting and happy to have these guests in my tiny yard.
Have a wonderful day!

Linda said...

Beautiful series of photos!

Cindy said...

You have so many wonderful roses everywhere! It's just heavenly. and your little birdie friend is so cute and funny sitting there. I am in absolute wonder at all the glorious roses...

Cindy

Alessandra said...

I can smell your gorgeous roses! The patio is so elegant and soothing. Thanks for sharing these such beautiful pictures
Kisses
Alessandra

mariondee-designs said...

I so enjoyed all your garden posts.. what a beautiful garden you have. I love how you name all your roses for our reference.. take care, Maryann

Merlesworld said...

Looks like a nice place to sit and dream at the end of the day and it would smell nice too.
Merle...........

Sarah said...

What joy it must be to spend time on your porch and in your garden. I'm going to investigate that climber that will grow in shade. Thanks!

Rose L said...

gorgeous roses!!!! I bet the scents are fantastic and make evenings smell wonderful!!

Carrie B. said...

Your garden is so beautiful! I'm so happy I found your blog....I could look at your flowers all day, but especially the roses.

Can't wait to see more!
God bless.

SANDRA WHITE said...

Your roses are gorgeous. So happy. That I found your blog.

Deborah Montgomery said...

so beautiful Bella! What a lovely place there to sit on your porch and enjoy all that beauty!

Jody and Stan said...

Bella, Your roses are just so gorgeous! I love them all! Your photos are breathtaking! I'll be featuring you this week at Simple & Sweet Fridays. Thank you so much for sharing.
Hugs,
Jody

Judy at GoldCountryCottage said...

Bella, your roses are such a delight. Your garden is the perfect place. All so romantic, beautiful and well loved, I can tell..Happy Thursday..Judy

an angel at my table said...

It is just breathtaking looking at your garden pictures.Your garden is so beautiful! I'm so happy I found your blog. Absolutely gorgeous!