Dec 15, 2011

Victorian Christmas Crackers, that go pop...


I tucked the last sprigs of pine
into my new dining chandelier this morning...


and added some silver balls...

(my original chandelier makeover is here)
I think my halls are thoroughly decked...


I am ready to sit back and enjoy the sparkle...


and do a little crafting...


you know I love all things Victorian,
every year I pick up Christmas Crackers,
 ready made from the store...

you know the kind,
with the little plastic toy,  a paper hat,
a joke or a fortune...

I have always thought it would be fun to make
them with candy or a real gift inside...
but,  a Christmas cracker without the pop it makes
 when you pull it,
 is kinda a dud...

so I was so excited to find a source for the poppers
and cheap too!
 even has a nice set of instructions on the site ...


I used crepe paper
and some reproduction Victorian scrap...


and tried to create a rosette end
 by tucking in an extra swirl of paper to the end...

Next stop cookie baking,
I haven't even started yet!

Tonight I am joining the fun at...
and

Thanks for stopping by...