Mar 25, 2010

Felted Chicks...

A couple years ago...
I saw a guest on Martha Stewart make needle felted chicks.
They were too cute, and I had to try!

(click photos for a larger view)

So.. you start with loose dyed wool...
a long, sharp barbed needle,
and you kinda shape it and push the needle into it,
until it holds the shape..

These are really small..
the bases are made from a pop bottle caps,
covered in organza ribbon.


It was a really fun project..  so fun that...


My husband wanted to try,
He is very creative, and has a great eye for detail!


So Mrs. Chick was given a flower for a bonnet...
and Mr. Chick recieved a felt top hat.
Together they are quite the stylish pair..
decked out in their Easter Best :-)

I see these beautiful craft rooms in magazines...
and sometimes wish I had a girly haven to create in.

But... I share a hobby / craft room with my sweetie,
he has his crafts,  and I have mine..
but.. we have a really great time creating together.

These chicks are a little silly..
but... I remember the time making them,
and it is a great memory!


Tonight I am joining Cindy at My Romantic Home
For Show and Tell Friday


Thanks for stopping by,

9 comments:

{oc cottage} said...

How cute are they!!!!!

m ^..^

Victoria said...

Ohhhhhhhhh cute!!! I love them!

Cindy said...

Wow, I'm really impressed! Those are so cute! I can't believe they are that small....the base is a bottle cap? Wow!

Tallulah's Antique Closet said...

They are cute little chicks. I wish I had the skill for crafts. But I always like to see the skills other people have at doing crafts. Have a good day. Julian

Katie@LeBeauPaonVictorien said...

Cute!
How wonderful that you and your hubby share a craft space. Erik and I do also; it's called our office!!! :-)
We have a spare room that is used for storage right now; eventually we hope to turn it into a man cave for him so that I can make the office a completely girly craft room where I can stamp, craft and blog!

Susan said...

How cute!! I love it when crafters use things like cans, bottle caps to make wonderful things

Anonymous said...

Too cute! And how sweet that you and hubby both are crafters.

CC said...

Bella.. I am here visiting via LaVoice and Thoughts from Meme's Corner..she has you as her featured blog..and I can see why. Your tiny birds are just adorable..and they are beautifully dressed. I have a husband that helps me craft as well and I love it. I think we're very lucky ladies...hope you have a gorgeous weekend.

Susie Jefferson said...

Very sweet - and very successful too. I think needle felting is beyond me (RSI) but I do love to look at it - so touchy/feely. I'm visiting via Thoughts from Meme's Corner as well (great minds...) Have a great weekend.