With this crazy year we have had in the Northwest....
I am still waiting on my first Roses blooms
of the year...
I check each day,
full of anticipation...
this Gertrude Jekyll
is so close...
so close when I bury my nose up against this bud
I can get a faint whiff
of what is to come...
ahhhh
we have suddenly had a heat wave,
our cold wet days
became a long dry spell,
the temperature soared into the mid eighties...
and the blooms,
withered so quickly on this Weigela...
the Pink-a-Boo
has just begun to Peek :-)
I love pairing these small sweet blooms
with roses....
the current show stoppers
are the Columbines....
there are so many varieties...
I love everything about them,
their soft pastel colors,
the layered petals...
that will forever make me think
of a flouncy ballerinas skirt...
graceful
the Dutch Iris...
Sweet Rocket...
which always reminds me to take a trip into the hills
where it grows wild and abundant...
I have been working on removing
my raised vegetable garden beds...
this patch of self seeded chives,
I have left be for now
just to enjoy its beauty...
waiting patiently,
or at least I am trying to....
Have a Beautiful Day....



5 comments:
Those pictures are absolutely beautiful
You are a great photographer, and I really enjoy visitong your lovely blog.
I wish you a wonderful evening
Hugs Lone
Good Morning Bella
Your flowers are gorgeous. I have the same in my garden and we don't have roses blooming yet either. I can't wait*** The Columbine are one of my favorites. Even the Chive is just so pretty. Enjoy this wonderful day
deezie
Your flowers are stunning and breathtaking
Hugs Alessandra
Amazing flowers,great photos!
I do not have columbines in my garden tho do not know why. I see them on the campus where I work in so many color variations. My garden is doing so well! I live in Oregon.
Post a Comment