Today I got out in the garden,
and did a little container planting.
The weather here has been horrible!
so much rain and wind gusts.
yesterday.. I lost a 25 foot flowering plum tree,
the ground is just so wet it tipped over,
I just hate losing mature trees:-(
Anyway...
I picked this up last year,
I don't know that it was meant to be?
But I think it makes a fun tiered planter,
I affectionately call it the Eiffel Tower.
(click photos to enlarge)
So today I tucked fresh moss in the holes in the lining,
and packed it full of little plants..
of course.. I tucked one of my rabbits in beside it.
The bottom tier is planted with Nemesia "Violet Ice",
and all the tiers have a variety of...
Pansies, Alyssum, and Swedish Ivy, for filler.
This pink flower is Diascia "Wink Pink"
isn't that a cute name?
I want a job making up sweet plant names!
I just love all the rusty metal work...
This top tier is planted with Campanula "Get Me",
My husband gave it to me in a cute gift planter,
that has been in the house for a week or so.
I learned today.. I had over watered the poor thing,
so it looks kinda crummy right now.
I am much better at garden plants than house plants!
Today I am joining Cindy at My Romantic Home
for Show and Tell Friday
Thanks for stopping by,







29 comments:
Sorry to hear about your plum tree, but the planter is very pretty!
Hi Bella,
I love your planter and you filled it up nicely!
Sorry about your plum tree-that would be so disappointing.
Take care,
Carolyn
That looks so pretty. I like the bunny next to it too.
Oh I'm so sorry to hear about your tree. I hate when that happens too. I've lost a few here in the past years. I just love your tiered planter. It really looks beautiful.
Oh so pretty! I especially LOVE the bunny!
Hello Bella...Your plants and little bunny are great! Thanks for sharing. Also, Bella, thanks for visiting my blog. Please stop by any time. I LOVE visitors! Hope the sun comes out tomorrow in Washington! Sincerely, Susan
Your Eiffel Tower is very pretty; lovely flowers and cute bunny.
Oh, this is so pretty! You've really done a beautiful job with the planted flowers. I have a little bunny like that! Bunny Foo Foo! :)
Be a sweetie,
shelia ;)
Hi Bella,
I love your planter!!! It's so cool!
Sorry to hear about your plum tree--that's so sad when a mature tree gets knocked over by bad weather!
Oh that is so pretty! I love it!
~Liz
How pretty!
m ^..^
Bella, you got lovely garden.. the flowers are gorgeous!
That is a great plant stand. And the flowers look great in it. Have a good day..Julian
I love the stand. I've been looking for a similar one. What a great idea using it as a planter!
Crytal
I just love what you did with it. It looks amazing.
Sorry about the tree! That happens in Georgia all the time but with the big Oaks!
I love your three tiered planter! Very romantic and pretty!
Manuela
Oh my heavens I am in LOVE with this gorgeous planter!!!!! So pretty and you are quite the planter girl!
Hugs,
Olivia
I love your planter and the bunny is adorable:) Too bad about your tree but your flowers look gorgeous!
I am so sorry about your plum tree, Bella. We lost an old oak a few years ago...we called it the Keebler Elves Tree because it had been mostly hollowed out by squirrels. That's why it keeled over. So sad.
Love the Eiffel Tower! I love finding old and odd planters. Your choice of plants is great. I had to laugh over killing houseplants. I am a serial killer!!
Thanks for coming by. I wish you luck in the giveaway!
xoxo
Janie
I just love the tiered planter you found! It is so pretty with all those flowers..I'm sure later in the season it will look like a big tower of flowers...great find! Your header picture is one of my favorite blog pictures. I love foxglove but have never had any that tall...gorgeous!
Miss Bloomers
Your planter is just gorgeous! And I love your bunny rabbit, too! Great job!
My condolences for the loss of your plum tree. That’s so disappointing when you have nurtured something to lose it like that. I love your planter. Your gardens are beautiful, you have quite the green thumb.
Hi Bella, I just love your "Eiffel Tower", it's so sweet with all the lovely flowers and cute bunny. I have a 4 tier planter similar to that with flowers in it. If I have time, I'll get a picture or two posted. Love your blog.
Hugz,
Kim
Really like your planter! We have rain/storms starting later today and lasting thru the weekend.:(
Send some rain our way........please! No snow in March and barely a few drops of rain this month, we are dry, dry, dry.
I like the planter, so tall and looks nice with all the flowers you've added. I'll bet it will be a real conversation piece once the plants fill out and cascade over the sides.
Judith
girl...it is just gorgeous!! I bet it makes you smile each time you see it. That's a cool bunny.
Your garden is beautiful...love the planter. I love the inspiration your garden offers... Thanks... Fay
This is absolutely lovely!!!!
Love it! I'm new to the blogging world and just became a follower of your blog! I hope you'll visit my blog, too!
Post a Comment