Who's pink door is this?
and... what is that hanging on the knob?
Yes its my Pink front door!
and a May Day Basket for you!
Don't you just love May Day Baskets?
I remember making them in Girl Scouts.
We used green plastic strawberry baskets
and wove ribbons in and out of the openings
then filled them with flowers.
My girlfriends and I
loved leaving them on our neighbors door knobs.
This basket is filled with pink blossoms,
from my flowering crab apple tree.
aren't they the sweetest:-)
Also...
Here are a couple vintage pink ladies,
with their baskets of flowers...
Don't you love vintage photos?
All the gorgeous dresses!
I hope everyones May Day is filled..
with sunshine and flowers.
Today I am joining Beverly at How Sweet the Sound
for Pink Saturday
Come join the fun!
Thanks for stopping by,







25 comments:
Oops...I think I had the blooms confused with something else on your last post. In any event, they are lovely. Happy May Day!
xoxo
Jane
What a cute pink door!!! I keep trying to join Pink Saturday but I keep missing the deadline to join. :-(
Bella..
beautiful post..
beautiful photos!
Happy May Day!
smiles..
Loui♥
And yes, I did change the header on my blog! I added the photo of the peacock to it instead of just having text! I love it! :-)
Hi Bella!
Yes, I do remember the May baskets and leaving them on the doorknobs with my sister! Such fun...and your door is very pretty pink! :) I have a pink (coral) door too! I did not know until I joined blogland that there are so many other women who love pink! LOL! I used to get teased about it from my sis-in-law bec I dressed my girls in pink a lot when they were little! :) Just assumed I was odd! I don't think so anymore...she is the odd one! LOL!
Hugs, Carolyn ~ Cottage Sunshine
Happy PS Bella.
I haven't heard of these. I guess it's a true American thing. I live in Canada, therefor my excuse lol
LOVE the pink door, and LOVE your May day basket. Wish someone would put one on my door : )
Love Claudie
oxoxox
what a gorgeous pink door and the window with the scallops....gorgeous...now you must show more of you front porch!!!! love your May day basket, my husbands birthday is May 1st!
Hi Bella Sweetie...
Happy Pink Saturday and May Day. What memories you brought back of making May Day baskets, and knocking on the door and running away to leave them as a surprise. We made ours in Blue Birds. I had forgotten this memory. Thank you for reminding me.
Your basket is just beautiful and the flowering blooms look so pretty on your pink door. I love it. Thank you for sharing with me your beautiful Pink Saturday.
Have a gorgeous day filled with sunshine and happiness. Country hugs sweetie...Sherry
Happy Pink Saturday!!!
Love your May Day Basket.
Hugs
Charo
MayDay baskets are new to me - what a charming idea. I'm all for wreaths not being just for Christmas, and will now be doing Easter ones, and maybe a Halloween one - and next year I'll be doing a MayDay basket too. Over here, it's a Bank Holiday, so we'll be looking for wallpaper (DIY seems to be a UK Bank Holiday tradition now, lol).
Happy Pink Saturday!
Yes I do love vintage pictures. I love love vintage..lol. Loving that door and the flowers...
The baskets are so sweet, I had forgotten about the May Day baskets until know. I love your vintage pictures and take care.
such lovely basket.. I like how it looks hanging on the door knob.. sweet! Happy PS!
Your door is beautiful and very inviting! Love the little basket!
Hi Bella! LOVE your beautiful May Day basket! Every year I think I will make some, and then it sneaks up on me before I can remember! I would love to make some for friends and neighbors with them.. and then one for myself of course! Maybe next year!.. Happy Pink Saturday, and hope you're enjoying this beautiful weekend! ~tina
What a gorgeous front door, Bella. I love that you've hung a May basket on your knob, too. How sweet and old-fashioned. Happy PS~
Bella,I loved your honoring May Day Happy May Day and PS! I just sponsored a May Day swap in honor of a childhood neighbor who has since gone to Heaven!
Please stop by for a visit soon and enter my Mother's Day giveaway!
Valrie
http://poemsmyway-valrie.blogspot.com
Love your sweet May Day basket and your lovely Pink door!
Debbie
What a sweet front door you have,, I really love it... And the May basket is so pretty,,, I have never made one before,,, how sad is that.... sounds like fun,,, might have to give it a go... Happy Pink Saturday
Pink Hugs;
Alaura
Your door and little basket are so lovely. Thank you for sharing....I have become a follower!
Blessings~LillySue
A great post, one I thoroughly enjoyed. Thank you :)
WHAT A LOVELY DOOR DECORATION. I THINK I MAY DO THAT NEST YEAR. I MAY JUST SURPRISE SOME OF MY NEIGHBORS WITH ONE AS WELL. YOUR POST WAS BEAUTIFUL, HAPPY PINK SATURDAY, I JUST HAVE TO BECOME A FOLLOWER. I HOPE YOU WILL VISIT ME ALSO, CHAR
Great pinks - Happy late PS
Sono molto contenta di aver conosciuto una persona cosi' romantica...complimenti davvero
hai una casa stupenda e delle idee dolcissime!!!
Mi riconosco molto nei gusti e nell'esprimere
l'amore per la casa....bravissima...a presto!!!
So pretty, Bella! Happy May Day! Your little basket is so sweet and I love your beautiful pink door!
Best Wishes and Blessings,
Amanda
Post a Comment