Apr 18, 2010

April in the Garden...

Let's go look around the garden today,
we are having a light drzzle...
we are by Seattle,  what else did you expect :-)

(click photos to enlarge)

I planted two of these azeleas today..
I have a hedge of three that hasn't filled in like I want,
so I am filling in a little.
The others in the ground are not blooming yet,
these came from a grennhouse..
and are blooming early.


Here is some rock cress (arabis)..
creeping over the stone wall.

Do you see the spikes of blue flowers in the backround?


Here is a close up..
They are ajuga reptans..
They are just starting to open.


Here is another variety of ajuga reptans,
this one has a varigate leaf, and the flower spikes are not as tall.
They are a fast growing groundcover..
 I think the flowers spikes look so whimsical in the garden.



Today I am joining Todays Flower
a great group of bloggers from around the world..
sharing flower photos!
Stop by and see...


Thanks for stopping by,

10 comments:

Jane said...

Lovely colours Bella, I like your background too. Thanks for sharing:)

Sarah said...

Thank you for sharing your colorful garden. I'm off to work in my garden in a few minutes. Lovely day here!

i beati said...

what a splendid garden sandy

stefanie said...

i just love your garden!

Noel Morata said...

aloha bella,

very beautiful flowers, i love the purple adjuca, they are such good foundation plants...your azaleas are gorgeous

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

Enjoyed the garden walkabout with you Bella.
I've only grown the ground cover ajuga and I think my lily-of-the-valley smothered it out.
Cold and snowing here yesterday but warmer today thank heavens.
Have a great week.
Judith

Iowa Gardening Woman said...

Beautiful cottage photos.

Naturegirl said...

Bella how wonderful to have such a variety of blossoms in your garden!The pink azeleas look yummy!Pinks and blues are two of my favorite colors in the garden too!Have a wonderful day in your garden!

DeniseinVA said...

what a lovely garden you have. Thanks so much for sharing these delightful photographs with Today's Flowers and I hope you are having a great week.

Kathy said...

Wow! Your azaleas are so huge they look like peonies! Absolutely stunning! :-)